What's new

Netgear Jaguar (Nighthawk X12) AX6000 Wireless Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

With the R7800 at least with the router on the top floor I found having them all vertical was just fine, no gain for me even in the basement (2 floors down) in trying different angles.

I just noticed Bestbuy lists it as a Wi-Fi 6 router, using the new nomenclature for AX routers.

Went to the computer section in Best Buy to look for external SSDs and interestingly enough two RAX80s are sitting in that section for some reason (none in networking area) with a sticky saying 11/6, guessing they were supposed to be for sale and deployed in the networking section as of yesterday.

Went to the computer section in Best Buy

Never hurts to stop by BestBuy if on the hunt for HW - I've picked up more than a couple of good SSD's at a very good price - watch Amazon, and sometimes the BestBuy brick/mortar stores will have better prices for their preferred vendors...

They price matched my 1TB Samsung T5 with Amazon, $227 plus BB rewards $40 credit from older purchases, couldn't find it lower elsewhere.

In general I've found Amazon actually starting to overprice quite a few things like TVs and some other high end equipment compared to Besy Buy by quite a bit and even my Dell laptop was much more (more than $50% cost increase) on Amazon than Dell (I purchased at Dell, due to them always having discounts/coupons) itself by a huge margin.

Sorry for going off topic...

Last edited:
$400 clams is a lot of money for a router. This thing better be everything and the kitchen sink.

Did I miss it in the specs, but did they specify the amount of ram?

I'd love to see something like XWRT available for this (or merlin's).

Did I miss it in the specs, but did they specify the amount of ram?

They didn't but the RAX120 has 512MB Flash and 1GB RAM according to the firmware file published for it. I can't tell what the RAX80 will have yet but it should be at least 512MB of RAM.

*Update*
FCC internal photos of the RAX80 are available now and show 512MB Flash and 1GB RAM like the RAX120.

Last edited:

Buy an Asus RT-AX88U and you will get just that.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Isn't the final draft of wifi 6 coming late 2019? These units must be based on an early draft, I would wait till its ratified and there are clients before buying, as they may well not be compatible with the final draft. It amazes me how people jump so quickly onto new gadgets tech let alone the next Wi-Fi standard based ion early drafts.

Isn't the final draft of wifi 6 coming late 2019?

Yes.

These units must be based on an early draft

It's not an early draft, it's actually in its fourth revision now, with a fifth planned for next year. It's just that the IEEE is slower than frozen molasses at finalizing anything.

http://www.ieee802.org/11/Reports/tgax_update.htm

6 years to finalize this - this is insane... I can understand manufacturers getting tired of waiting.