What's new

Netgear Leopard (Nighthawk X16???) AX11000 Wireless Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

avtella

Very Senior Member
Last edited:
Looks like a new model has shown up on the FCC site. Seems like an AX11000 unit as it has 4X 2.4 GHz STAs and 8x 5 GHz STAs (can operate as 4X + 4X on 5Ghz so maybe it’s a Qualcomm unit from my understanding of some of the FCC docs.)
Label document also shows a 5 Gigabit Eth port in addition to the 4 standard LAN ports.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=Y&application_id=FbWjuMQ8JDVbbr2PWrPmtg==&fcc_id=PY317300397

Yeah, likely Qualcomm IPQ8074/IPQ8078 (but it could be Marvell). It looks like it's 8x8 unless it's operating with 80+80MHz channel bandwidths at which point it drops down to 4x4. I believe that this is still a dual-band 802.11ax device so since it doesn't support 8x8 HE160/HE80+80 it's probably still "AX6000 class." Netgear may be testing a Broadcom design as the Jaguar and a Qualcomm design as the Leopard. Perhaps these two are vying for the title of Nighthawk X12 or if they add DFS support and that allows 8x8 operation with 160MHz channels then this could end up being sold as a step above the Nighthawk X12.

Last edited:
Ooh, ok yeah I guess I missed the HT160 part. True if it was QCA, it probably would have HT160 in 4X mode in addition to the 4X+4X ability on 5Gh. May even be Quantenna then to add an other possible vendor into the guess mix but more likely Broadcom as you said.

Test reports show 5 GHz transfer rate "up to 4804 Mbps", which indicates four stream.
leopard_channels.png

This table shows 8x8 design, but only 11ax HE80 with 8 streams.
leopard_5ghz_rates.png

Here's the product label. 5 GEth port is likely WAN.
leopard_label.png