What's new

RT-AX88U FCC Docs all posted.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

"kernel version is irrelevant to me. "

Does that mean you will be supporting this router then?

RT-AX88U support was already announced a few weeks ago, and a beta build was released last week.

RT-AX88U support was already announced a few weeks ago, and a beta build was released last week.

RMerlin,

Any initial thoughts on your opinion of this guy? Thinking about replacing my GT-AC5300 in my main location with this. Tri-Band just seems to confuse things when trying to mesh with an AC-86U, and I only really have my laptop on the 2nd 5G band.

RMerlin,

Any initial thoughts on your opinion of this guy? Thinking about replacing my GT-AC5300 in my main location with this. Tri-Band just seems to confuse things when trying to mesh with an AC-86U, and I only really have my laptop on the 2nd 5G band.

On paper, it's a really nice router. They addressed the RT-AC86U lack of RAM by increasing it to 1 GB. I can't comment on wifi performance/stability tho, I only barely tested its wifi here. I find it a tad expensive however, considering that there are no AX clients available to fully take advantage of it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!