What's new

NETGEAR R7500 Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not to pile on, but if you're a "test" guy, why are you waiting for reviews? Why wouldn't you buy, test, and then see if your results match the reviews?
You want the honest truth? I currently have 13 routers. Keeping the WRT1900AC due to being my only AC router. I'm married with 3 kids and putting 1 through college. My wife complains why I have so many routers. If I bought these routers at the price of $300.00 my wife would have a fit. So to avoid hearing her mouth I'm waiting awhile before I buy another.

Weird....seems you never returned you WRT1900! What happened, did you miss your Amazon window of opportunity? I hope you don't do the same thing with underwear and shoes!
Keeping the WRT1900AC as it is my only AC router. The potential for DD-WRT, Open WRT and Tomato are there as well.

Keeping the WRT1900AC as it is my only AC router. The potential for DD-WRT, Open WRT and Tomato are there as well.
I sent mine back....
that's why I have a Asus now
when they get Tomato and DD-WRY on the WRT1900AC, I expect that to be in 3-4 years, not 3-4 months
from what I read no one wants to do any firmware for it, because it is a closed system.
I read it was just going to be the heavy user mods to it.
could be wrong, but I have been happier with the Asus
even though I like the WRT as to how it looked, it sucked on performance, and rebooted occasionally randomly

Just my thought on that last post.....from NightOwl326
(it's a secret on how to keep your money)
I wear the under for 2 days (flip it inside-out) then on the 3rd day I request a refund and UPS label back to Amazon.
Saves money on laundry bills....:p

Looks like a beta test sample. Some fool will buy it...

Looks like a beta test sample. Some fool will buy it...

And seeing the serial number being very visible, someone is going to lose his beta tester access (and maybe worse).

And seeing the serial number being very visible, someone is going to lose his beta tester access (and maybe worse).

I've been a Netgear beta tester for a while. If they see it, he'll definitely lose his tester access. I've seen them pull it for lesser violations of the NDA.

Any street date for the X4?

I have not heard anything about an exact date yet or timeframe, but I just got the product's UPC code: 606449104110. Some distribution vendors have added the R7500-100NAS to their systems this week. However, they have not gotten in actual product yet.

There are also a few asian country-based online forums that have screenshots of the QoS interface supposable from the R7500 (ie- http://www.chiphell.com/thread-1104278-1-1.html). It looks like a Netgear skinned Qualcomm Streamboost interface, but not as extensive as the Zyxel NBG6716 has.

Any street date for the X4?

FYI- I just thought I would share that I heard from my retailer sources that the R7500's first expected deliveries will happen the first half of September and to expect the unit to be on store shelves by the second half of the month.

FYI- I just thought I would share that I heard from my retailer sources that the R7500's first expected deliveries will happen the first half of September and to expect the unit to be on store shelves by the second half of the month.
Nice thank you.

A Chinese site, KoolShare Reviews, has posted a new look at the R7500 (additional product photos, packaging designs, etc). If one creates an account and replies to the review posting you are suppose to get access to R7500 disassembled photos, along with performance testing that includes wireless throughput signal strength, and storage performance.

Sadly, the site is not letting me create an account with them to reply to the posting to view that's "locked" parts of the review posted :(.

Also, Netgear posted new R7500 firmware to their public FTP server the other day that the release notes state that it:
  • Improves the 5 GHz wireless performance when Beamforming is enabled.
  • Improves the 2.4 GHz wireless connection in a noisy environment.
  • Improves the 5 GHz wireless connection when the user configures the R7500 router in wireless bridge mode.
  • Fixes the issue in which the USB LEDs might show the wrong status if the user unplugs or plugs in their USB disk too fast.
  • Fixes the loop issue when two R7500 routers are in the same network.

Just looked at the Netgear US website...

Seems like they're moving straight to the R8000 as the next step up from the R7000...

I wonder how relevant this thread is to the US members here?

sfx

Looks like the 7500 will replace the 7000
the 8000 looks like a cockroach on it's back after you spray it with Raid
personally, the 7500 looks better
2-USB 3.0 ports
1-eSATA port
looks more like it will be cheaper than the 8000 (that includes a free can of Raid)
just my OP on it.

Just looked at the Netgear US website...

Seems like they're moving straight to the R8000 as the next step up from the R7000...

I wonder how relevant this thread is to the US members here?

sfx

Netgear has filed the unit with the FCC here in the USA just since the model# is lower than the R8000 does not mean if is being skipped over. Netgear would not leave 4x4 router solutions to Asus alone.

I was finally able to create a KoolShare account to see the internal images and the R7500 looks to be a mix of chipset makers; not all Qualcomm-Atheros... The SoC is the QCA IPQ8064, the 2.4GHz radio is a QCA9880-BR4A and the 5G radio is a Quantenna QT10000 solution (QT3840BC + QT2518B), while the WAN/LAN is from Qualcomm-Atheros with the QCA8337-AL3C.

The QCA9880 does not support beamforming if I am not mistaken. So, Netgear's "Beamforming+" would only be on 5G with this unit.

Attachments

• r7500_001.jpg
    r7500_001.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 666
  • r7500_005.jpg
    r7500_005.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 603
  • r7500_002.jpg
    r7500_002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 655
  • r7500_007.jpg
    r7500_007.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 610
  • r7500_008.jpg
    r7500_008.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 854

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!