What's new

Network Map and Client List missing on my Asus RT-AC68U after firmware upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holanos

New Around Here
Hey All,

So i've done a search here but haven't found a solution.
I have an asus RT-AC68U and had Merlin's 380.68.4 firmware on it. I updated to 384.13 and since then all my Client list/network map has stopped working. I can still find the names of connected devices in the system log and DHCP leases.

I then did a factory reset in the hopes that if I started over from scratch and reconfigured my settings that it would solve the issue. Unfortunately, it has not solved the problem.

I've also rebooted and unplugged/re-plugged the router. Note: I know that the mapping can take some time but after 24 hours, it still hasn't shown up, not 1 client.

I've tried to go back to the 380 firmware but it won't let me... (i think this is by design though).

Thoughts on how I can solve this or go back to the other firmware? I use network map/client list for parental/time controls.

Thanks!

*Edit:
I do see a list of "offline" clients (when I click see offline clients) though when I attempt to set parental controls. They are not offline but the Router seems to think they are.. maybe that info will help.
Edit2: And I do use a /24 network.

***** EDIT: Got it to work.. was able to go back to original firmware (found older firmware, SCP, Putty)...got everything back to normal... so sorry to have bothered you both and welp..now I know I have a TM router :(

Last edited:
You could try converting to stock rt68u most current and factory resetting and then converting back to merlin most recent.

Just a quick question...
Is this a converted TM1900 router?

You could try converting to stock rt68u most current and factory resetting and then converting back to merlin most recent.

Just a quick question...
Is this a converted TM1900 router?
Hi Swistheater! Thanks for the reply..

I'm not sure about the TM1900... when I logon to my router config page it says RT-AC68U. Is there somewhere else I can check? I'm not the first owner...

That sounds like a good idea... How do I convert back to stock? Is it simply another firmware upgrade or do I need to use Putty (or something)?

Thanks!

The TM-1900 say T-Mobil on the front and have a couple of pink logos.

The TM-1900 say T-Mobil on the front and have a couple of pink logos.
I got my wife to look at it and it does indeed have a t-mobile sticker on it. Sigh...

Ok, now that we know I majorly screwed up (cause I read about this issue since the upgrade), is there any way to go back? via putty, etc...? Now that the update is done, it seems that there is not much that can be done at that point... am I missing some way?

Thoughts?

***** EDIT: Got it to work.. was able to go back to original firmware (found older firmware, SCP, Putty)...got everything back to normal... so sorry to have bothered you both and welp..now I know I have a TM router :(

Last edited:
Forums aren't just for posting, they are also for reading...

Closing this. The answers are already in the sticky posts right at the top of this forum that too many people are obviously failing to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.