What's new

New AC1900P With Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MoInSTL

Occasional Visitor
I flashed to Merlin's 384.4. Readme said RT-AC1900 & RT-AC1900P (use the RT-AC68U firmware). In the past there was always a tag saying it was Merlin's. Don't see the tag. Router Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again..
Current version is: 3.0.0.4.384_20648-g21e3702 I haven't used Merlin's since RT-N66U. :confused:

Am I on the right version or is there a way to override the manual FW upload?

I did all of the above except Formatting JFFS partition. This is brand new. In order to get the flashing explanation point telling me to upgrade the FW, I did and started over.

Downloaded FW you recommended. Got same FW error message but I suspect that is an Asus thing. Current version is: 3.0.0.4.384_20648. Did Merlin stop adding his name like he did before?

Last edited:
Not going to run Beta, but thanks. It appears I am on 384_2
EDIT: Decided to run the beta after all. I did not get the FW error message. That's a relief. 384.5_beta2 You said I couldn't do it, but it looks like it worked.

With price matching and $15 in BB rewards making the AC1900P really cheap..
Great news. I have the 1900P as well and it’s an awesome router. Got it for $90 last year at BB. Running beta 2 and it’s solid. Enjoy it!

Great news. I have the 1900P as well and it’s an awesome router. Got it for $90 last year at BB. Running beta 2 and it’s solid. Enjoy it!

Thanks. I really like the stand. My RT-N66U was getting long in the tooth and it was time to upgrade. I also like how in the Network Map Client Status identifies devices really well. All around decent router for the price!