What's new

New GT AC5300 not allowing bit torrent

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ron Bennington

Occasional Visitor
I just installed a GT AC5300 a couple days ago. Before this i used an Apple Airport time capsule. I have cur the cord and usually get my tv shows via bit torrent. I have been using a vpn client on my mac, and would then get my shows. Since installing the ac5300 i can get the torrent, but it will not download anything. The downloader never finds any peers, hence no download. i looked at teh logs but do not see anything stating denied packets, or failed connections.

Thank you for any help in this matter.

I just installed a GT AC5300 a couple days ago. Before this i used an Apple Airport time capsule. I have cur the cord and usually get my tv shows via bit torrent. I have been using a vpn client on my mac, and would then get my shows. Since installing the ac5300 i can get the torrent, but it will not download anything. The downloader never finds any peers, hence no download. i looked at teh logs but do not see anything stating denied packets, or failed connections.

Thank you for any help in this matter.

It all depends on your ISP, here in the UK most torrent sites and hosts are blocked, you can only get passed that by using VPN or equivalent, are you using the download master in the router or are you just using your mac , also I would check Game IPS to see if the inbuilt security by Trend Data has not stopped your activities.

Regards

isp is not stoppiong the download, i have been able to do this for the past 4-5 years at this location. I am using a client VPN on my mac, same as before with the airport router. Download master, from what i have read is for the usb drive attatched to the AC5300, that is not even in play in my current operation.

I have looked at the logs, and i do not see any entries stating blocked or stopped packes, i have also looked at game ips and there were no malicious sites blocked. As soon as i turned off my client VPN the download started. Crazy

Bartman, are you using the itunes server, or the VPN fusion? That mike make my downloads work again.
I have pulled my box out of recycle, i may be sending this back, not being able to download via VPN is a deal breaker for me.

Bartman, are you using the itunes server, or the VPN fusion? That mike make my downloads work again.
I have pulled my box out of recycle, i may be sending this back, not being able to download via VPN is a deal breaker for me.

No iTunes or VPN fusion, I don't torrent, just trying some ideas for you, have you tried Virtual Server / Port forwarding under Wan settings?

Regards

I am using port forwarding for the cameras in my house, but not for torrents.
Thanks for the help, i think i am going to send it back, itunes server is the main reason for buying this, and it is not playing nice and info is not very forth coming.

Thanks again

I am using port forwarding for the cameras in my house, but not for torrents.
Thanks for the help, i think i am going to send it back, itunes server is the main reason for buying this, and it is not playing nice and info is not very forth coming.

Thanks again

Sorry I could not Help Ron, I hope you sort it all out in the future.

Best of luck

Sounds like the peer listening port may not be open. I'm wondering if that somehow is not working with your GT-AC5300. Do you have UPNP enabled?

I did, i have boxed it up and I am sending it back. That Itunes server and VPN on the router was the main reason for buying. None of wich i could get working properly. so back to amazon she goes.

Thanks for all the help

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!