What's new

New GT-AX11000 firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9165

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I updated to 3.0.0.4.384_9165 on my GT-AX11000 and the GUI would not work. Tried a cold reboot, power cycle, etc. Would not come up (I eventually got to where it wanted a captcha), but it would not bring up the gui. Had to perform a factory reset. ASUS router FW sucks and their QA is garbage. I don't bother with cases any longer given their support team's complete ineptitude. We'll see how stable it is, not holding out hope given the upgrade was not smooth.

I had the same problem with the GUI not showing after updating to this latest firmware. After manually power cycling our three AX-88u mesh nodes around our property, the GUI returned.

No Asus engineers in site here. :)
While their hardware is first-world (maybe not first class), their support - and that of Gigabyte and maybe Samsung as per a recent issue I had - is third-world.
I'll stand behind that comment.

I updated to 3.0.0.4.384_9165 on my GT-AX11000 and the GUI would not work. Tried a cold reboot, power cycle, etc. Would not come up (I eventually got to where it wanted a captcha), but it would not bring up the gui. Had to perform a factory reset. ASUS router FW sucks and their QA is garbage. I don't bother with cases any longer given their support team's complete ineptitude. We'll see how stable it is, not holding out hope given the upgrade was not smooth.

Same thing is happening to me. everything works, but cant get on router GUI. ASUS support is utterly horrible as well, not even worth opening a case. What did you find worked?

Only the occasional router rebooting itself once every couple of days for me. :mad:

Other than that works pretty decent.

Upgrade couples days ago. So far so good, no rebooting problems, mesh connection no error. Router system log shown no negative log.

And again waisted time, this time more than half a day and now returned back again to 3.0.0.4.384_6436.

Because I have more than 30 devices with fixed IP's, some of them with port forwarding I don't like to reset the router every time for a firmware update.

This time I did a reset to factory setting after flashing but still I have problems with VPN fusion / OpenVPN(I can connect to my VPN provider and upload a config file, but activating it hangs).

Anyone succesful with this? Any hints how to get it working

If I can't get this working I will stay at firmware 6436 for a year or two and then buy another router (definitely not ASUS)

After upgrade, what I see is that in bandwidth dials on the Traffic Analyzer / Bandwidth Monitor no longer show the numbers. Seems that now we have a few dropdowns to allow the dials to scale, but I'm not seeing the numbers

One process that you can do to avoid is after you factory reset the asus router, do with ALL wired connections unplugged from the router. Accept for your one wired PC of course. Manually set up the router for your IP address and other needs. Once it's setup, do a full on reboot. When the reboot starts, plug in your wired connections to the router and let the router come to ready. This will avoid the default IP address range of changing anything on your wired and wireless network until you have configured the router for your needs. Something I do all the time with my network and router when I factory reset.

The most annoying thing is Asus chose a random 192.168.50.1 as default IP range once we reset to factory default on RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000. Whenever I reset it after new firmware update, it wreaks havoc with all my networking devices like assigning same IP to two devices. It also causes my NVR set to 192.168.1.x range to complain no internet unless rebooted even if RT-AX88U is on 192.168.1.1. I set up static IPs to 20 or so odd devices and yet after reboot, the changes are not saved. (This started happening after last 2 firmwares for both AX routers). My friend with AX11000 has exact same issues.
We both also have to enable reboot schedule as port forwarding stops working randomly with no error log. After nearly 1 and 1/2 years, these Asus routers are a bag of hurt. Excellent hardware held back by incompetent and unstable software.
I hope this firmware release solves at least the port forwarding bug.

PS: The previous firmware takes ages to resolve DDNS address and display login page when used with iOS safari. It’s a hilarious and random bug. Hope it’s the same login bug Asus has mentioned to be fixed in this release.

After upgrade, what I see is that in bandwidth dials on the Traffic Analyzer / Bandwidth Monitor no longer show the numbers. Seems that now we have a few dropdowns to allow the dials to scale, but I'm not seeing the numbers

Same here, and the GUI is painfully slow.

Regards

One process that you can do to avoid is after you factory reset the asus router, do with ALL wired connections unplugged from the router. Accept for your one wired PC of course. Manually set up the router for your IP address and other needs. Once it's setup, do a full on reboot. When the reboot starts, plug in your wired connections to the router and let the router come to ready. This will avoid the default IP address range of changing anything on your wired and wireless network until you have configured the router for your needs. Something I do all the time with my network and router when I factory reset.
Yes. I had also thought of the same and will start doing next time I factory reset my router. I dread at the thought because I hate setting up 20 static IPs, 30 port forwards and around 10 WOLs apart from changing other different settings.

Yes. I had also thought of the same and will start doing next time I factory reset my router. I dread at the thought because I hate setting up 20 static IPs, 30 port forwards and around 10 WOLs apart from changing other different settings.

It would be very userfriendly, if Asus let you restore your settings partly. For example with checking checkboxes what you want to restore (like static IP's, port forwards, etc ...). Now it's all or nothing.

Anyone else having issues with upnp and port forwarding locking up after a few days and not mapping any new devices or services?

Will do a full factory restore tomorrow and test again, just seems odd that such basic services can be broken on what I wouldn't consider cheap routers.

Just an update, been running this version for about 2 weeks now (did a full reset after install) and "knock on wood" no issues. No WIFI drop outs or Lan disconnects.

This time I did a reset to factory setting after flashing but still I have problems with VPN fusion / OpenVPN(I can connect to my VPN provider and upload a config file, but activating it hangs).

Anyone succesful with this? Any hints how to get it working

No, I see similar behavior to you.
Can add a client profile but connection just sits there forever.

Hello all,
After a 125 days of non stop uptime (no reboot of router) of my router i decided to upgrade to latest firmware. After flashing to latest i did a hard reset with the reset button to start from scratch.
Update went smooth and could immediately set up my internet again. I also had immediately access to the GUI so no problem for that also. No slugish GUI also, all smooth. What i do notice compare to previous firmware is that in some case if you change a setting in wathever category the GUI says that it is enabled but actually it is not. You have to reboot the router before it comes active. Not handy when you daily change settings (not the case for me luckly)
Second thing i notice is that my wifi speeds are more stable now so that is a good sign.
Third thing i notice and this is a downside for me is that there is a serious problem with VPN fusion. VPN server works great but when you enable VPN fusion after an amount of time it cuts of the internet from all my devices either cabled or wireless. This hapend once for me but i have to test further, mayby i missed a setting or something. Once i disable VPN fusion and reboot the router all my devices regain internet access.
Tonight i will test further but i wanted to share my experience with this firmware.

Hello all,
After a 125 days of non stop uptime (no reboot of router) of my router i decided to upgrade to latest firmware. After flashing to latest i did a hard reset with the reset button to start from scratch.
Update went smooth and could immediately set up my internet again. I also had immediately access to the GUI so no problem for that also. No slugish GUI also, all smooth. What i do notice compare to previous firmware is that in some case if you change a setting in wathever category the GUI says that it is enabled but actually it is not. You have to reboot the router before it comes active. Not handy when you daily change settings (not the case for me luckly)
Second thing i notice is that my wifi speeds are more stable now so that is a good sign.
Third thing i notice and this is a downside for me is that there is a serious problem with VPN fusion. VPN server works great but when you enable VPN fusion after an amount of time it cuts of the internet from all my devices either cabled or wireless. This hapend once for me but i have to test further, mayby i missed a setting or something. Once i disable VPN fusion and reboot the router all my devices regain internet access.
Tonight i will test further but i wanted to share my experience with this firmware.

Update: After testing there is for sure problems with VPN fusion. I have 2 VPN services, my router can connect to both of them but the external ip adress is not changing at all. Wathever i try i always get my ISP WAN adress instead of my VPN external adress. Even after reboots of router the WAN ip adress always stays of my ISP and not of the VPN.
Never had such problems with previous firmware.

Update: After testing there is for sure problems with VPN fusion. I have 2 VPN services, my router can connect to both of them but the external ip adress is not changing at all. Wathever i try i always get my ISP WAN adress instead of my VPN external adress. Even after reboots of router the WAN ip adress always stays of my ISP and not of the VPN.
Never had such problems with previous firmware.

This is the same for me I use express VPN everything was working great but now not so much :( also if I reboot my router I lose connection to Comcast and have to perform a manual modem restart every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!