What's new

New here

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sonicb03

New Around Here
Hey guys I have a question. My wife recently started working from home and her company gave her all of this stuff and now my ps3 is having difficulty connecting. I dont get much play time but when i am able to play it pisses me off that i cant get online. so here goes I have a comcast cisco modem and that runs to a juniper device they gave us then one of the ports on that goes to my apple router. for my wireless. my ps3 is connected to my router. I think that the juniper is blocking me from accessing anything. my ps3 says my NAT type is strict. theres got to be a way around this.

Who set up the Juniper? If it is someone from your wife's work, then they should fix the problem. It could be that all traffic is being VPN'd back to your wife's company and the company firewalls are killing your gaming traffic.

If you did the install, then can't you swap the Juniper and Apple router positions?

I wired everything but it has their stickers on it and such. so im assuming they are monitoring everything. my NAT tyoe is 3 i cant do anything lol

Remove their setup and does everyone work as normal? Best if you get an additional WAN from your ISP to run your wife modem for your company.

This is another way to go about it. But if you don't want the added expenses you might want to get them to come in setup what needs to be setup for her to work from home. Most companies just VPN you in with a secured token device like RSA Secured Card, which I use here.

You don't want all your own network devices going through there equipment and I am sure they have some sort of blue coat Web content filtering going on. Can't play games on a company network.

Call them or have the wife setup a schedule for some sort home tech from the company to come out to figure out what needs to be address at your dwelling.

If your wife is telecommuting 100%, has no office provided by the company, then the company "should" pay for a WAN connection (cable/DSL modem) for that VPN. Your personal WAN connection would be independent.

The company is saving a LOT by not having to pay for office space, an overhead expense. The employee's total wrap-rate (salary + benefits + overhead) is usually a lot less for telecommuters - like 20% or so. That's a lot more than the cost of a dedicated WAN connection at home.

Yeah I just picked up another modem and all is good. they pay for 1 modem so I guess its not bad that I pay something lol thanks guys.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!