What's new

New Qnap TS219P II

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I wonder are we still CPU bound in terms of Read / Write Operation. In theory we should be given we are seeing higher transfer rate with every CPU improvement.

However a Single Core Atom, as Synology DS712 can already perform close to 180MB/s with less then 30% CPU usage.

So may be most of the time, these so call improvement at made up on software side?

QNAP really needs to name their products better.

II, +, super, duper, II+-a, etc.. not clear.

QNAP really needs to name their products better.

II, +, super, duper, II+-a, etc.. not clear.

Yes. But to those that have been following all the way along, there naming system goes something like

2 Is the Drive Bay
19 is the series
P i dont know anything about that

Then + is like version 1.5. II is version 2.

I must admit Synology has much better naming system.

p is professional/business features like LDAP Directory Service or other features that standard home users are unlikely to use.

In the 10/12/19 series the p versions have LDAP Directory Service and wake-on-lan not sure about other differences.

Not to be confused with the word "Pro" in model names which indicates fast x86 hardware and even more advanced professional/business features.

Its semi consistent.
+(.5)/II indicate hardware revisions (ARM: 219 < 219+ < 219 II < 219 II+; x86: 219 Pro < 219 Pro+ < 219 Pro II < 219 Pro II+)
p is professional features on ARM models
"Pro" means x86 hardware also giving more advanced features than "p"
U is rack mount(RP replaces Pro)
SP does not have LCD display??

Last edited:
I think they have recently upped the price....
The Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo has an exact same CPU but cost 30% less then Qnap version..

I just found out the 119 PII Case is actually Plastic. Looking at the photos it seems 219P II share the same design therefore it is very likely they are not plastic instead of metal casing in 219P+.

The HDD Tray is also plastic as well.

I dont mind plastic, as long as the fan works well and the whole thing is cooled down properly. However i am not sure if any of these cost saving will be passed down to customers. Afterall an Atom CPU cost less then $30 and is so much more powerful then the Marvell Kirkwood.

I hope with the introduction of 32nm Atom, ARM based NAS price will drop faster....