What's new

Skynet New Release 7.2.5

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Correction: they're not OK. At least in my case. They might look okay at first glance, but something's wrong with the scale. See this example: min, max, average are of, the date below isn't as before for the 7 days view.

View attachment 33749
I updated an hour ago. SpdMerlin graph is normal right after Skynet upgrade. The graph remain normal after power cycle. Not sure if there is any changes made in the upgrade package in between. @dave14305 post above mentioned there is a downgrade to v2.9.4.
This Chart.js v3.2.1 might have downgraded to Chart.js v2.9.4. I am not sure how to check in case you got the v3 copy before the downgrade.

The graph remain normal after power cycle.

It wasn't before or didn't you check? I haven't rebooted in a while and was hoping I wouldn't have to, but if a power cycle fixed it for you, I'm pulling the plug (only to put it back in, of course)...

It wasn't before or didn't you check? I haven't rebooted in a while and was hoping I wouldn't have to, but if a power cycle fixed it for you, I'm pulling the plug (only to put it back in, of course)...
It works normal after upgrade no need power cycle. I perform power cycle just to be sure it works ok.

I suspect there is change in the install package. The file was Chart.js v3.2.1.
1620744667228.png

Now it is chart.js v2.9.4
1620744750291.png

This is my output
Code:
admin@RT-AC86U-DBA8:/tmp/var/wwwext/skynet# more /tmp/var/wwwext/skynet/chart.js
/*!
* Chart.js v2.9.4
* https://www.chartjs.org
* (c) 2020 Chart.js Contributors
* Released under the MIT License
*/
...snipped...

Last edited:
Same here...

Code:
/tmp/home/root# more /tmp/var/wwwext/skynet/chart.js
/*!
 * Chart.js v2.9.4

Same here...

Code:
/tmp/home/root# more /tmp/var/wwwext/skynet/chart.js
/*!
* Chart.js v2.9.4
Hmm...My suspicion is wrong. Not sure what mess up your graph scaling. Hopefully someone can help you.

Try uninstalling script, reboot router and reinstall, if you haven't doesn't so already. This should probably fix your issue.

Via amtm, I updated skynet, then several "hotfixes" for other scripts.
Graphs, charts, and scripts working properly (without reboot).

Stay Safe Everyone

Via amtm, I updated skynet, then several "hotfixes" for other scripts.
Graphs, charts, and scripts working properly (without reboot).

Stay Safe Everyone

Thanks for the update, Dr. Griswald.

I uninstalled spdMerlin, installed an available hotfix for conmon, rebooted, found out I lost my spdMerlin historical data, so will have to wait to see whether my graphs return to normal.

I'll be impressed if nothing breaks in the WebUI from the chartjs upgrade. I've been holding off updating as the v3 chartjs changes have been thick and fast
i bet thats due to the right axis spdmerlin uses and axes definitions were totally changed
Skynet chart.js version has 0 impact on my scripts, chart.js is downloaded independently and referenced separately.

Graph issues should be posted on the applicable script thread

Thanks for your kind reply, Mr. Yaz. i apologize for polluting this thread, but that wasn’t the impression you gave me when I read your earlier replies.
FWIW: uninstalling, reboot, reinstalling spdMerlins seems to have fixed it, so it seems solved. But as I haven’t updated anything else than Skynet and installed a hotfix for connmon, it seems like an odd coincidence.

Why not just use the Chart file already present in the firmware? /www/js/chart.min.js is Chart 2.9.3 that I include for use on the QoS Stats page (among other things). Just make sure to use that one, and not the heavily modded version 1.x.x version that Asus has as /www/js/Chart.js , that they use for Traffic Analyzer.

Why not just use the Chart file already present in the firmware? /www/js/chart.min.js is Chart 2.9.3 that I include for use on the QoS Stats page (among other things). Just make sure to use that one, and not the heavily modded version 1.x.x version that Asus has as /www/js/Chart.js , that they use for Traffic Analyzer.
Thanks, but who are you talking to? If we use these scripts, do we choose which Chart file to use, or does the script author? If script author, then where's Adamm if he's going to offer updates to his script?

Thanks, but who are you talking to? If we use these scripts, do we choose which Chart file to use, or does the script author? If script author, then where's Adamm if he's going to offer updates to his script?
I'm talking to whichever script author uses Chart.js - I don't know specifically who does and who doesn't.

I'm talking to whichever script author uses Chart.js - I don't know specifically who does and who doesn't.
I prefer to use my own files so if you and John ever have different versions I'm not working against myself. Easier for me to have a known version and reference that. It also works across all versions, for example if 386.3 picks up chartjs 3, I'd have to code in a check for firmware version and have 2 separate lots of code or be unable to support everything.

GitHub warned me of a CVE vulnerability in chartjs earlier than 2.9.4, you might need to update that version

Dates back to October, would expect Asus to have updated by now.
Asus doesn`t use Chart.js 2.x, they still have a very old and highly customized 1.x version. The 2.9.3 copy is only within my firmware.

I'll look into updating. Not really worried about it though, since I don't use Chart.js on a public-faced website, but within a LAN router.

prefer to use my own files so if you and John ever have different versions I'm not working against myself.
Fair enough.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!