What's new

Release New RT-AX88U firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42095

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I had all sorts of problems with the inbuilt DNS and DHCP functions only being able to use the limited settings and odd things happening.
I ended up allowing the router to use the ISP provided DNS for its own use. Switching off the inbuilt DHCP and using my own DHCP server which allows me to specify whatever I want where I want.
I also use my own DNS servers running locally which I then use forwarders to get to the internet. This setup also means if I lose or have to reset my router, I dont lose all my DHCP/DNS config.
Its the best solution I have found so far, may not be for everyone, but it works.

I had all sorts of problems with the inbuilt DNS and DHCP functions only being able to use the limited settings and odd things happening.
I ended up allowing the router to use the ISP provided DNS for its own use. Switching off the inbuilt DHCP and using my own DHCP server which allows me to specify whatever I want where I want.
I also use my own DNS servers running locally which I then use forwarders to get to the internet. This setup also means if I lose or have to reset my router, I dont lose all my DHCP/DNS config.
Its the best solution I have found so far, may not be for everyone, but it works.
That might also explain why you are using Guest network 1 without issues - the problems I'm seeing seem to be DHCP & DNS related

That might also explain why you are using Guest network 1 without issues - the problems I'm seeing seem to be DHCP & DNS related
I must admit, a few versions back, I could not get the guest network working at all when using my internal DHCP.
Devices could access and connect to the network, but they would never be assigned an IP address and looking in the DHCP logs, it was if the request never got forwarded.
I can only assume that DHCP relay was not working correctly on to the LAN side as the Guest Network did not have access to the LAN.

After being on this firmware for about a week, the biggest issue seems to be reduced speeds to devices. WiFi just isn’t providing the same throughput.

Maybe it’s coincidental, but I’m getting significantly slower results on speed tests now than prior to the update.

After being on this firmware for about a week, the biggest issue seems to be reduced speeds to devices. WiFi just isn’t providing the same throughput.

Maybe it’s coincidental, but I’m getting significantly slower results on speed tests now than prior to the update.
How are you running the speed tests ?

Well, after so much great opinions about this update- decided to give it 2nd chance, and let it run for the weekend to be.

How are you running the speed tests ?
Same as before. On an WiFi 6 endpoint. Same endpoint that was maxing out the Internet pipe at 1.2Gbps.

I’m able to hit 1.4Gbps momentarily (Comcast updated provisioned speeds), but not getting the consistent throughput. Could be on Comcast’s end and just coincidental to the firmware change.

After 18h seems everything is legit.
Hope it will stick to it

Same as before. On an WiFi 6 endpoint. Same endpoint that was maxing out the Internet pipe at 1.2Gbps.

I’m able to hit 1.4Gbps momentarily (Comcast updated provisioned speeds), but not getting the consistent throughput. Could be on Comcast’s end and just coincidental to the firmware change.
Well I don't know how you did it before :)
I have used the fing.com app on my phone as a quick test and I was getting over 342Mbps using their Wifi performance test.

There is big issue with latest AX88U firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42095 when using Open VPN server
It is corrupting VPN config... if you have more than 1 user it will delete them.. (do off and on of vpn... or try to add more than 2 users)
I was forced to revert back to 3.0.0.4.386.41700

I see it too.
I approached ASUS support with that and they don't see a thing.
I diagnose it with link speed changes in my S20U and see inconsistency with the link speed
I mentioned it to them but they cannot allocate it with the feedbacks I sent them.

I suggest you to check with ASUS Support Center on emails, just like I do, the more of us will do it they will diagnose it faster.

I too have the WAN disconnection issue after upgrading to this firmware.

I've seen both:

Code:
Mar 26 19:45:07 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
and
Mar 27 18:49:51 WAN Connection: WAN was exceptionally disconnected.

And a red WAN light on the router until I restart it.

I've checked cables to the model, and modem logs, but the problem definitely seems to be with the router.

is there any steps somewhere on how to enable/configure 160MHz WiFi 6 ?
right now I have 1 SSID on 2.4ghz, 1SSID on 5Ghz (5ghz-1) and a last one on 5Ghz-2 all with different SSIDs.
I'm running on firmware 3.0.0.4.386_42095-gcd938f7

my ISP is 1.5Gbps and I can only get 600/700mbps on wifi from my macbook m1 and my iphone12.

Any help / tutorial link appreciated.

is there any steps somewhere on how to enable/configure 160MHz WiFi 6 ?
right now I have 1 SSID on 2.4ghz, 1SSID on 5Ghz (5ghz-1) and a last one on 5Ghz-2 all with different SSIDs.
I'm running on firmware 3.0.0.4.386_42095-gcd938f7

my ISP is 1.5Gbps and I can only get 600/700mbps on wifi from my macbook m1 and my iphone12.

Any help / tutorial link appreciated.
You can only have one 5GHz network (other than guest networks). I have the 5GHz wireless settings to channel bandwidth = 160 MHz. I use a static control channel. Done.

I've had trouble with my RT-AX88U for a month. WAN just stops responding and the red light comes on. Can logon the router, but no traffic on wan (dhcp). Have to reboot to get a connection.

Router has activated openvpn and has a aimesh node connected (RT-AC66U).
Tried full reset of RT-AX88U and the aimesh node.
Did not help (now the router crashes, unable to logon interface).

Reverting to 3.0.0.4.386.41700

I've had trouble with my RT-AX88U for a month. WAN just stops responding and the red light comes on. Can logon the router, but no traffic on wan (dhcp). Have to reboot to get a connection.

Router has activated openvpn and has a aimesh node connected (RT-AC66U).
Tried full reset of RT-AX88U and the aimesh node.
Did not help (now the router crashes, unable to logon interface).

Reverting to 3.0.0.4.386.41700
Had another incident where my WAN stopped (no dhcp, had to reboot to get wan dhcp).
Now on 3.0.0.4.384_9579

I got strange issue.
Randomly LAN stops working. However WAN and Wifi work so I can reboot it via my iPhone. However since LAN stops working, it knocks out another RT-AX88U set as node.
My PC was showing "Not connected" so I had to check it out. At the same time, wife was still browsing on net on her mobile. Her phone Wifi signal had gone down because she connected to main RT-AX88U dropping out from node.

Had another incident where my WAN stopped (no dhcp, had to reboot to get wan dhcp).
Now on 3.0.0.4.384_9579
Same here, randomly. Can't access wifi when this happens. Via Ethernet I can and it only says no internet. Reboot is the only thing that can fix the problem. Really annoying, I have sent Asus logs, I have sent mail to customer service. They just want me to reset it. I have already... does not fix it.

Now on 3.0.0.4.384_9579
Ok, now got a freeze on the old firmware too, My problem might be something else.
Right now trying Merlin firmware 386.2 on router and mesh node.

I have also got this on some older versions. So I'm a bit worried if it's a hw problem. But then again it never happened on the latest beta, could be just luck that it did not happen.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!