What's new

Release New RT-AX88U firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42095

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Same here, randomly. Can't access wifi when this happens. Via Ethernet I can and it only says no internet. Reboot is the only thing that can fix the problem. Really annoying, I have sent Asus logs, I have sent mail to customer service. They just want me to reset it. I have already... does not fix it.
Am not having any issues like that at all here, so possibly not related to the router?

WAN has been solid with no dropped connections.

Just did a full reset, also run asus recovery installation. It then took few hours and then wan went down. :mad:
I had some earlier rt-ac68u. Newer had similar ussues with that.

I would suggest that you RMA the unit which requires that you establish a tech support case first.

I had kinda same issue 3 weeks back where WAN stopped working and it just refused to connect even after rebooting. It only connected once I factory reset the router. All fine since then. But now LAN stops working randomly once every week. Wifi works however though.
2 years after release and incompetent firmware guys can't dish out a completely stable firmware. :rolleyes:

Stuff like this is why I'm glad I ditched my 88U and got 86u

I’ve had great luck with my AX88U. Works nearly perfectly. If I was a “normal” consumer, I’d set, forget, and let it update automatically.

One of the reasons I stopped using Merlin’s builds is they were adding instability with features I didn’t need or care about.

The official firmware just runs without tinkering or periodic reboots. And the hardware has some of the best wifi performance and coverage in the industry.

Crap :) I bought a rt-ax82u (I wanted rt-ax86u, but I could not find any good deals on it) , because it was really cheap and no issues anymore with dropping wan. Has been working for days now.
The crap part is that Asus has a case on my rt-ax88u and wants more logs. Seems I need to put it back and hopefully I get the problem quickly again. :) It would be nice to have it fixed of course.

Perhaps the newest firmware released yesterday can make the firmware usable.
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42819
1. Fix VPN GUI issues.
2. Fix WAN connection issues. Special thanks to Yulei Zhang's contribution.
3. Fix AiMesh related bugs.
4. Minor GUI issue fixes.
5. Upgrade dropbear to version 2020.81
6. Fix buffer overflow vulnerability
7. Fix slowloris denial of service attack.
8. Fix authentication bypass vulnerability.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!