What's new

New synology NAS - x12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

But with 256MB.
212 has the same 1.6GHz marvel found on 211, but with wol, hotswap, usb3 adn sd reader.
212+ has the new 2.0 marvel and the same features of 212 but an esata port. The only difference with 211+ are the soc and the usb3.

For external backup drives, I wonder if USB3 eliminates the need for eSATA?
The 212+ is pricey?

Qnap has been sleeping? Well the time has come. Synology 's biggest weakness against Qnap were their casing design. From looks, and Air Flow design.

I cant remember who pointed out Synology 7xx series has much better air flow design. Now the design has been passed on to all lower series, not to mention the big fan at the back which i like very much since i have many bad experience with NAS overheating.

Even the lower end model 212j looks great. If the pricing is decent, i may very buy another one for use. I wonder if it could drop below the magical $150 price range.

Since Buffalo has been selling their Diskness Linkstation Pro Duo at $165, and that is with a 1.6Ghz CPU.

Seeing how HDD's price are going up like no ceiling, i wonder if this would effect their pricing on NAS as well.