What's new

New to 802.11AC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

huotg01

Hi!
I have an RT-AC68U router, with the last Merlin's firmware. I have been using this router for many months using 802.11n.

Recently I bought a 802.11ac USB WiFi Adapter, the Netgear A6200.
I had no success so far for connecting the Netgear device to the 1080-5.0 SSID :confused:. Could someone guide me ? Anything special to do ?

GH

Attachments

• asusAC.jpg
    asusAC.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 501
Try changing the mode to Auto instead of N+AC. Reboot both the router and the computer afterwards.

You may also want to try a different ssid with no punctuation characters.

Try changing the mode to Auto instead of N+AC. Reboot both the router and the computer afterwards.

Thanks, I will try all that.

GH

Tried all suggestions with no success. The A6200 doesn't see the ssid "1080", the one on 5Ghz. The laptop wireless card has no problem connecting to "1080" (using 802.11n).

Does it suggest that the adapter is faulty ? Something else to try ?

Thanks,

GH

Attachments

• asusAC-2.jpg
    asusAC-2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 301
What channels do you see that you can use? My A6200 doesn't see DFS channel devices while my WNDA4100 does.

I seem to just see 2.4GHz. Is this the meaning of your question ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!