What's new

NFS client problems with Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.25 /26

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bobbel

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm new here in this great forum.
It's a pleasure to be able to use merlins builds.

Well, please allow me to ask for a manual to config NFS.
My problem is that all my nfs-clients (windows, popcorn hour A210, A300) can't connect to my ASUS AC66 because the ASUS NFS-Server asks for login: name/pass (?!?)
SAMBA works fine...

The config in my rooter looks like:
path * ro

I also use HanewinNFS for Windows and never had a prob to connect from any client to my Windows-System.

Do someone know what I did wrong in configuration?
Thanks for a helping hand. :)

Sorry for my bad English

bobbel

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm new here in this great forum.
It's a pleasure to be able to use merlins builds.

Well, please allow me to ask for a manual to config NFS.
My problem is that all my nfs-clients (windows, popcorn hour A210, A300) can't connect to my ASUS AC66 because the ASUS NFS-Server asks for login: name/pass (?!?)
SAMBA works fine...

The config in my rooter looks like:
path * ro

I also use HanewinNFS for Windows and never had a prob to connect from any client to my Windows-System.

Do someone know what I did wrong in configuration?
Thanks for a helping hand. :)

Sorry for my bad English

bobbel

There is no username/password involved in NFS. Authentication is strictly done based on the client's IP address.

Thanks you very much for your reply.
I found out that one problem is the name of the folder you like to share.
Seems that some folder names in a Windows environment corrupt the share and will be interpreted as irregular (long names with spaces for example).
I tested another (short named) folder and voilá - It works! Wired.
I'll do some more testings there :)
Regards
bobbel

Last edited:
Why is it important to use NFS? Am sure there is some kind of technical reason why you want to use the shared router storage in a way that doesn't work, when you have other ways that do work. Just curious as to all your reasons.

Why is it important to use NFS? Am sure there is some kind of technical reason why you want to use the shared router storage in a way that doesn't work, when you have other ways that do work. Just curious as to all your reasons.

NFS has better throughput than SMB in general.

I see, you might eke out more file sharing performance with NFS connections. I also see the point you've mentioned elsewhere RMerlin, of just getting some different piece of hardware (say a $60-$150 dollar NAS) if NAS speed is what you're after. Rather than trying to get the home WiFi router, as elegantly flexible as it is, to do that one off-center task so efficiently.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!