What's new

No 5G wireless network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tallen234

Occasional Visitor
I bought the RAX45 about a week ago. Updated to the newest firmware. Set up the network and everything was working fine, until last night. My 5G wireless network disappeared. I reset the modem and it didn't work. It just did a factory reset with no luck. The 5G light is off on the router. However, the 5G network appears in the GUI. I changed the channel for the 5G network multiple times with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

I bought the RAX45 about a week ago. Updated to the newest firmware. Set up the network and everything was working fine, until last night. My 5G wireless network disappeared. I reset the modem and it didn't work. It just did a factory reset with no luck. The 5G light is off on the router. However, the 5G network appears in the GUI. I changed the channel for the 5G network multiple times with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks
I noticed tonight in the advanced settings that it says the 5ghz network is set on Channel 0. However, in the basic page it says it is on Channel 40. Strange. Could this be a problem with the radio? I bought this at Costco, so I can swap it out pretty easily.

I noticed tonight in the advanced settings that it says the 5ghz network is set on Channel 0. However, in the basic page it says it is on Channel 40. Strange. Could this be a problem with the radio? I bought this at Costco, so I can swap it out pretty easily.
Since it’s from Costco and super easy return, I wouldn’t waste time with it and would return it for another one. Sounds like hardware issue.

Edit: I just perused through the Netgear forum and you may want to look in there through some of the threads. Could be a firmware issue (did you update it out of the box to the latest available), are you trying to use the AX features (turn off the HT180 and try HT80), etc. Just some ideas to think about.

Last edited:
If possible do a factory reset and avoid using the nighthawk app to do the setup if you ended up using it by chance to do the setup.

No need to mess with it. Return it and get a new one.

Does this router support mixed mode WPA3/WPA2? I've got a couple WPA3 AX capable clients and was going to use this as a replacement for 2 aging Asus AC68's I'm using as access points that I'll repurpose. I need to continue to support the WPA2 clients in the area (streaming devices, cameras, ...). Well OK, at least one but I'm hoping the coverage of this router will allow me to take down 2 AC68's, they are relatively close to each other because of the layout of the house. One AC68 is almost good enough but 2 just provide better coverage.

It's taking a lot for me to consider a Netgear product again but I'm willing to give it a go. I already bought it on sale at Costco ($170) but haven't broken the shrink wrap!!!!

When I used the modem of the provider, there was also a situation when only 2.5 ghz network was shown, but when I selected a 5g network in the settings, both 2.5 and 5ghz networks appeared, maybe this is the case. (A provider like Huawei had)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!