What's new

no hostnames on traffic analyzer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just a couple of SWAGs....
- You have some really long hostnames....I'd manually assign those keeping to 16 chars or less.
- You also have duplicate hostnames, I'd manually assign those as well to make them different.
- The code that does the parsing is pretty old and simplistic.....keep to alphanumeric, dash and underscore (no special characters or spaces).

thanks for the tips. i will try to follow them.
strange thing this since i havent done any changes to my devices and this started to happen in the last months

Hi
Im having the same issue on a different router. Latest merlin version.
RT-AC56R 384.6
Hostnames are really simple and are shown on the System Log - DHCP leases page but they still dont show at the Traffic Manager - Traffic Monitor per device page

Is there anything i could do?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 334
Just a couple of SWAGs....
- You have some really long hostnames....I'd manually assign those keeping to 16 chars or less.
- You also have duplicate hostnames, I'd manually assign those as well to make them different.
- The code that does the parsing is pretty old and simplistic.....keep to alphanumeric, dash and underscore (no special characters or spaces).

What's really fun -- dealing with Chromebooks...

Random Hostnames - and with DNS requests... no hostname... just a wildcard on the client request...

hello
bumping this. im running latest 384.7_2 with no improvements on the Traffic Manager - Traffic Monitor per device page hostname issue. All other pages on the router gui that deal with clients, will show hostnames instead of plain ip address
:(

bump as well

traffic analyzer showing mac addresses and adaptive qos page not showing all devices

hello all
i want to report that this was just fixed with latest 384.13 update. thanks @RMerlin
Nothing from my side had to be done. hostnames started to show right after performing a dirty upgrade from 384.12