What's new

NO Internet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I would turn off DoT for the moment to keep things simple while testing basic connectivity is working. Reboot the router and let all the clients reconnect.

It's still showing the Quad9's as WAN DNS servers.
Where is it showing this? It's probably because you've got DoT configured for Quad9 as well.

I would turn off DoT for the moment to keep things simple while testing basic connectivity is working. Reboot the router and let all the clients reconnect.

Where is it showing this? It's probably because you've got DoT configured for Quad9 as well.
DoT is off, WAN DNS is google (fast dns). Time is snyc'd, 3 clients that are easily checked now have internet. So, back to a stripped down normal, sort of.
BTW, I really appreciate the help. Where to go from here?

BTW, I really appreciate the help. Where to go from here?
So far it seems that all your problems stem from the fact that you can't reach Quad9's DNS servers (regular and DoT). Whether that's an ISP peering/routing problem or a problem with Quad9 I couldn't say.

I suggest you switch to a different DNS provider, for both regular DNS and DoT (if indeed you feel the need for DoT at all - personally I don't). Unless you have some particular filtering requirements I also suggest that you choose two different providers for DNS. I use my ISP's server for one and NextDNS for the other.

I switched away from Quad9 and Cloudflare a couple of weeks back as they both started responding very poorly. So far NextDNS's server (and my ISP's) have been consistently the fastest.

I switched away from Quad9 and Cloudflare a couple of weeks back as they both started responding very poorly.

Spotty service here in Toronto area as well for quite some time. I never test anything with Quad9 or Cloudflare for this reason.

So far it seems that all your problems stem from the fact that you can't reach Quad9's DNS servers (regular and DoT). Whether that's an ISP peering/routing problem or a problem with Quad9 I couldn't say.

I suggest you switch to a different DNS provider, for both regular DNS and DoT (if indeed you feel the need for DoT at all - personally I don't). Unless you have some particular filtering requirements I also suggest that you choose two different providers for DNS. I use my ISP's server for one and NextDNS for the other.

I switched away from Quad9 and Cloudflare a couple of weeks back as they both started responding very poorly. So far NextDNS's server (and my ISP's) have been consistently the fastest.
I installed NextDNS and expected my router WAN DNS fields to be populated with NextDNS but nothing changed, although NextDNS is running. I don't know how it works obviously. My ISP uses google DNS servers.

I installed NextDNS ...
I wasn't suggesting you install NextDNS. Just use the IP address(es) of their servers just like you would any other DNS server. I suggest you uninstall whatever it is you installed and just use 45.90.28.0 and/or 45.90.30.0 instead of the Quad9 addresses you had been using.

I wasn't suggesting you install NextDNS. Just use the IP address(es) of their servers just like you would any other DNS server. I suggest you uninstall whatever it is you installed and just use 45.90.28.0 and/or 45.90.30.0 instead of the Quad9 addresses you had been using.
ok, thanks. I installed it at the router level, I thought that was the proper procedure after reading a little about it. It is easy enough to uninstall they say.
Thanks again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!