What's new

No-ip LetsEncrypt still not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eric Lieb

Has anyone been able to get no-ip to work with MerlinWRT? It works on Stock Asus firmware with lets encrypt but on merlinwrt I always get this error.

Apr 23 15:40:11 kernel: numus.no-ip.org:Verify error:71.120.206.23: Fetching http://numus.no-
ll-known/acme-challenge/************k: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

Works fine for me!

Capture.PNG

No-IP works fine for me on my AX88U running Melin 386.5.2

Nevermind it was an issue on No-ip's end. Apperently they had 2 passwords associated with my account and the old one said "successful" on the router webpage but it wasnt actually updating the IP on no-ips end so letsencrypt would fail because the IP address was incorrect. Got it resolved with No-ip and now it is working again.

Has anyone been able to get no-ip to work with MerlinWRT? It works on Stock Asus firmware with lets encrypt but on merlinwrt I always get this error.

Apr 23 15:40:11 kernel: numus.no-ip.org:Verify error:71.120.206.23: Fetching http://numus.no-
ll-known/acme-challenge/************k: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)
Letsencrypt requires port 80 to be open during certificate creation and renewal.
If you do not open that port you gat that error with certbot.
The problem here is that port 80 is normally closed by the firewall and therefore you have to open and close it manually at avery renew.

I have no-ip as well and it works.

Still looking for a way to open port 80 by cli so that the renewal can be performed automatically by cron.