What's new

(NOOB) Definition of "minimal and manual configuration"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you read some of the guides floating around resetting a router and setting it back up is presented as few hours multi-step hard work. :)

If you actually read those guides, I've said it takes an easy 20 minutes tops. :rolleyes:

If you actually read those guides, I've said it takes an easy 20 minutes tops. :rolleyes:
I usually skip the steps where it says, wait a while: " if things are stable at this point for an extended period (at least a week)"

at least a week

Wait a second... where did you get this from!?

"Wait a week" is part of Step 19 in my TRR (Thermobaric Router Reset) guide. If you have the leaked version up to Step 24 - this is not it! You need all the steps to fully reset the router. Official release in mid 2023. A bit of delay to get the flash chip replacement - the one that needs to be removed in Step 16. I accidentally dropped it on the floor while beta testing and fine tuning the procedure and... my dog swallowed it. I've ordered a new one from China already. Not sure which one is going to arrive first - the original or the replacement. Be patient, I'm working on it.

I usually skip the steps where it says, wait a while: " if things are stable at this point for an extended period (at least a week)"

You obviously have quoted me only partially. Read the full post to understand what I actually said.

I do understand what you actually said, and I agree with the 20 minutes, tops. I just redid my AC86 in the last month, moving it from one place to another, and with my AX88 a month before that, following your post. But I do skip over that step.