What's new

Not Secure in Red still appears after certificate install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tyreman

Regular Contributor
Still get the Not Secure on the HTTPS thingy
Tried twice to add certificate seems to go in
any hints I did it on the 86u with no issue

I'm guessing you are talking about accessing your router's web interface using HTTPS. If you use the self-signed cert from the router, then you will always still see a warning. Browsers will show a warning for self-signed certs; you have to get a cert signed from a CA to get rid of the warning. The traffic between your browser and router is still encrypted.

Or you can import the certificate into the certificate store on your PC to get rid of the warning.

The certificate available from the router has a domain name - in my case the DDNS domain. I found an easy way round this by using that domain name for the router on the internal network by setting the domain name in the lan settings.
Works sweet as a nut but I'm ready for criticism from admitting this.
As an example if the domain is squiggle.ddns.net the I do this for the lan
Screenshot_2022-12-13-21-45-56-39_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643~2.jpg

And on the dhcp page
Screenshot_2022-12-13-21-46-37-58_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Works 100% and gives everything on the lan a.ddns.net name. I can access my NAS with nas.ddns.net or my settop box with sh1.ddns.net
It doesn't really improve the security any (which on the lan isn't a concern) but it does satisfy the browsers and gives me a warm glow knowing I sorted that myself.

Last edited: