What's new

(Not specifically) VPNMON-R3 1.11 failure domino effect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Okay, I've just realized that the list automation with the servers isn't working at all (TLS error). Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult to access the config, and I can't even get into the server list automation menu because the vpnmon closes, probably crashing. :(
I solved it manually by shutting down the vpnmon, fixing the servers in the GUI, and then starting the vpnmon again. This way, I can access the config because it doesn't start the restarting process, as all the monitored VPN servers are active.

Making sure your VPN slots work individually and can connect without issue is a must-have before starting VPNMON. Also, before entering any kind of server list automation statement, you need to ensure it's pulling back a list of valid IPs. Just run the statement itself in a separate SSH window from a command line to test things out.

When you run VPNMON, immediately before it wants to reset a connection, it shows a 5 second timer to (P)ause the reset. Hitting P will let you into the config/operations menu. Thanks for sharing and letting us know you got everything resolved!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!