What's new

Notification in GUI that new firmware is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jhferry

Occasional Visitor
Hey everyone, logged into my router today and I had a flashing notufication that a new f irmware was available. I assumed it was Asus stock do I did not update. Was that right?

I've just checked the firmware manually and didn't throw me anything but the signature version could be updated. When I had a beta installed, it was constantly giving "update avaliable" message. And it was just the signature version in both cases. You could try to update it, just in case.

it maybe an update for the KRACK , what model asus do you have , in theory merlin fw should not report asus stock fw updates

If I click on the yellow exclamation mark on the overview page, I get only the changelog in the popup but don't see for which firmware revision this is for.

If I click on the yellow exclamation mark on the overview page, I get only the changelog in the popup but don't see for which firmware revision this is for.

Should be top of UI.

upload_2017-10-22_13-31-13.png

it maybe an update for the KRACK , what model asus do you have , in theory merlin fw should not report asus stock fw updates
i should probably update from 380.67 to fix that, then again one need to be on mac address allow to gain access to begin with, not sure if that "krack" bypasses that though

It dont it just notifies about Merlin if your using Merlin in first place updates and give you link to download, asus can download it with GUI and install it for you,

I did notice that when I first flashed to 380.67 merlins, i accidentally clicked get new update from initial setup of router, and that page started to download update from asus. cause merlin does not do automatic updates you have manual download and install last i checked.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!