What's new

OCed 68u overheating - looking to restore original

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironv

New Around Here
I have a couple of RT-AC68Us (orig T-Mo CellSpots) which are running Merlin 384.13. Couple of months ago I OC'ed them to 1000,800. I now find that the temps are VERY high (2.4 GHz: 54°C; 5 GHz: 57°C; CPU: 90°C) even with very little load. The clock speeds were 800,666. I am trying to "down clock" it back to the original speed using
nvram set clkfreq=800,666
nvram commit && reboot

When I check after the nvram commit, it shows the set clock speeds. But after the reboot it goes back to 1000,800. I looked under /jffs/scripts and there is nothing; I have not set up any startup scripts. I also tried to reboot from the browser after running the commit in the PuTTY/SSH session. No use. Any ideas?

I have a couple of RT-AC68Us (orig T-Mo CellSpots) which are running Merlin 384.13. Couple of months ago I OC'ed them to 1000,800. I now find that the temps are VERY high (2.4 GHz: 54°C; 5 GHz: 57°C; CPU: 90°C) even with very little load. The clock speeds were 800,666. I am trying to "down clock" it back to the original speed using
nvram set clkfreq=800,666
nvram commit && reboot

When I check after the nvram commit, it shows the set clock speeds. But after the reboot it goes back to 1000,800. I looked under /jffs/scripts and there is nothing; I have not set up any startup scripts. I also tried to reboot from the browser after running the commit in the PuTTY/SSH session. No use. Any ideas?
Read this and other stickies about your unit. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...d-forks-on-non-asus-devices-is-illegal.44636/

Status
Not open for further replies.