What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very good news!
@Wilson_Deng, can you share if now GT-AC5300 can be router? Or it's still restricted to be just a node?

Currently have 1 GT-AC5300 running in master (AP AiMesh) mode and 1 GT-AC5300 running as AiMesh node. Still too early to provide any meaningful feedback.

So the menu to setup AiMesh appears on GT-AC5300! At least that's a progress I was looking for!
How's the channel spacing on the second unit?

Up and running on 19612 build, upgrade was smooth, did Router (AP) first and then 3 x Nodes. Haven’t seen a recommended order, so maybe doesn’t matter? Did not have to re-acquire Nodes or do any Resets etc ...

Whilst I think of it, @arthurlien, @Wilson_Deng, can we please have a user-configurable option for the Node “location naming” as well as the fixed list of suggested room/place names?

Edit: Solved below thanks to @dirtyclyde, you just type what you want to add to the list!

StephenH

Last edited:
Having issues connecting RT-AC68U as node to RT-AC3100 using the new firmware. When I try to connect, the percentage starts counting up slow till about 5 or 6% then speeds up and reaches 100% with message.. "Unable to add AiMesh node RT-AC68U (mac address) to your AiMesh system. Please try again." Also, the WPS screen says "Fail due to WPS message exchange error!" as Connection Status after trying.

Last edited:
Having issues connecting RT-AC68U as node to RT-AC3100 using the new firmware. When I try to connect, the percentage starts counting up slow till about 7 or 8% then speeds up and reaches 100% with message.. "Unable to add AiMesh node RT-AC68U (mac address) to your AiMesh system. Please try again." Also, the WPS screen says "Fail due to WPS message exchange error!" as Connection Status after trying.

Maybe try doing a hard reset/NVRAM clear on the Node and try again? Was the Node attached prior to the firmware upgrade and then got “lost” or is this first time you’ve tried to acquire?

StephenH

Maybe try doing a hard reset/NVRAM clear on the Node and try again? Was the Node attached prior to the firmware upgrade and then got “lost” or is this first time you’ve tried to acquire?

StephenH

It was attached before. I upgraded firmware on both units manually and then hard reset them (holding the WPS button on power method)... Now I can't get them to connect again.

I've done several hard resets and the same problem each time... I'm going to try to install old version, add node, then upgrade without hard reset.

Last edited:
It was attached before. I upgraded firmware on both units manually and then hard reset them (holding the WPS button on power method)... Now I can't get them to connect again.
Ok, for my 4 x AC68U’s Config was retained and no resets or reacquiring was needed.

StephenH

I've done several hard resets and the same problem each time... I'm going to try to install old version, add node, then upgrade without hard reset.

From your experience, I will let "well enough alone" and wait for the next beta....

Bandwidth.JPG
So the menu to setup AiMesh appears on GT-AC5300! At least that's a progress I was looking for!
How's the channel spacing on the second unit?

Looks like the lower channel (5G-1) is what's used for backhaul as I see 20Mhz BW and upper (5G-2) is at 80Mhz BW.

Bandwidth.JPG

Last edited:
Node Naming.JPG
Up and running on 19612 build, upgrade was smooth, did Router (AP) first and then 3 x Nodes. Haven’t seen a recommended order, so maybe doesn’t matter? Did not have to re-acquire Nodes or do any Resets etc ...

Whilst I think of it, @arthurlien, @Wilson_Deng, can we please have a user-configurable option for the Node “location naming” as well as the fixed list of suggested room/place names?

StephenH

Seeing a list of pre-configured names when I click on the node in a drop-down here.

Last edited:
Rapture gui issue. Installed on my GT-AC5300 and if you click on the aimesh node icon the GUI shifts all the icons down so nothing lines up anymore. Not an issue that impacts anything just a note for the devs. Must have to do with the unique GUI the Rapture uses

Just type what you want , worked for me

Hey yeah, you are right, thanks!
Ok, stupid redundant request withdrawn, I'm officially an idiot (yet again) :D

StephenH

On my AIMesh Router (AC68U) I seem to be seeing much less CPU activity when idle on this new build, whereas on previous I was seeing regular quite high spikes every few seconds, even with no clients attached, so that has got to be positive news. Can you comment @arthurlien?

Also, in general, what should we be focusing on in our testing, what is useful feedback for you at this stage and so on?

StephenH

Edit: Solved below thanks to @dirtyclyde, you just type what you want to add to the list!

StephenH
You can enter some word as you like in location field, it's not selectable only.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

You can enter some word as you like in location field, it's not selectable only.

Yes, thanks @dirtyclyde sorted it out for me and I have corrected my original message :)

StephenH

On my AIMesh Router (AC68U) I seem to be seeing much less CPU activity when idle on this new build, whereas on previous I was seeing regular quite high spikes every few seconds, even with no clients attached, so that has got to be positive news. Can you comment @arthurlien?

Also, in general, what should we be focusing on in our testing, what is useful feedback for you at this stage and so on?

StephenH
We did some adjustment for CPU utilization. It's good for user usage. If you have any issue, use feedback function.

From your experience, I will let "well enough alone" and wait for the next beta....

I was able to downgrade all the routers to the November release and then find and add the AC68U Nodes on my AC3100 and then upgrade all the routers to the latest release. Everything seems to be working now.

For some reason with latest firmware and on hard reset AC3100 in router mode and AC68U nodes, I couldn't get them to connect.

I was able to downgrade all the routers to the November release and then find and add the AC68U Nodes on my AC3100 and then upgrade all the routers to the latest release. Everything seems to be working now.

For some reason with latest firmware and on hard reset AC3100 in router mode and AC68U nodes, I couldn't get them to connect.
Will check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!