What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the physically connected devices seem to work... but i can't tell if the node itself is ALSO sharing its wifi.

The biggest issue i have thats been overlooked is that the router keeps rebooting.
I'll have to reflash the aimesh firmware i guess.

Also no one has answered how (or if) you can directly connect to the note to view its configs (or change it back to regular router from being a node).

I setup AiMesh with 2 routers :- 68U is the primary as its already setup with all my reserved ip's etc. The new 5300 is the node. It was a brand new router that i upgraded to firmware :- RT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19612-g01e94f5.trx

Before i upgraded to aimesh firmware (which is 382), i noted that the base firmware on the unit was the 380 codeline.

I added the 3200 as a node... and it seemed to work ok for a few minutes.... until it reboots. The 3200 will run for a few minutes.. and then reboot.

The primary router is up and running fine.. so no issue there.

What can i try?
How can i get any diagnostics out of this rebooting router?
Its only up for a short time... and it seems i can't log directly into it anymore.. as it routes me automatically to the primary router.

The other thing i noticed is, from the primary router... there is very little detail about the 'other' nodes. For example i'd like to know HOW the node is communicating back to the primary router? eg. 2.4 or 5ghz wireless? Which band of the 5300 is being used for the back-haul etc?

Since going into AiMesh node mode... the unique wireless SSID's of the node disappear.. or AT LEAST i'm assuming they are named the same as Primary router? Is that correct ?
I'd like the node to share its connection via both Ethernet (to my office equipment) and ALSO extend the wireless range.

I DO love the idea of a simplistic setup.. but it would still be good to have a page for those interested in MORE details (or possible config) of the nodes for diagnostic etc.

There is no any AiMesh beta f/w for RT-AC3200.

I'm testing out the new 3.0.0.4.384_10007 official AiMesh release now with 4 AC68U routers. Has anyone used the update with the RT-AC3100 as master and AC68U routers as nodes. The previous betas were really buggy until I disconnected the 3100 and made one of the AC68U routers master.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry... I meant 5300.
I also have a 3200 but not using it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are using tw0 RT-AC5300, one for AiMesh Router and one for AiMesh Node. If yes, there are some issue in RT-AC5300 as a Node. Please wait for next release. Sorry....:)

You are using tw0 RT-AC5300, one for AiMesh Router and one for AiMesh Node. If yes, there are some issue in RT-AC5300 as a Node. Please wait for next release. Sorry....:)

I’m using a 68U as primary router. 5300 as node.
It works for 60secs... I see connections on the 5300 and then the node router reboots. Starts up works for 60sec and then reboots.

The config seems correct.. because it does work as expected.
The reboots are the issue.

Newb here, so my apologies if this is a dumb question.

I'm going to pick up two of the TM-1900s to build a mesh network.

I've been running an Asus RT-N66U for a couple of years as my main wireless AP. But I had been using my Fios Quantum router to handle the DHCP and IP tables.

Can I build an AIMesh using the TM1900 as access points, or do I need to stop using the Fios Quantum entirely and use the TM1900/AC68U for DHCP? Just want to understand my roadmap before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

I’m using a 68U as primary router. 5300 as node.
It works for 60secs... I see connections on the 5300 and then the node router reboots. Starts up works for 60sec and then reboots.

The config seems correct.. because it does work as expected.
The reboots are the issue.

Could you send the feedback by Feedback function for me ?

According to the half of 1 gigabit bandwidth, could you send a feedback for me by Feedback function ?

Arthur,

Just sent feedback

I Powered down all my 3 AiMesh Devices and restart to have a clean setup to collect the logs.
I am using MacBookPro 15” Retina with Thunderbolt Ethernet
  • I have validated I actually get very close 1 gbps when when connected directly to Cisco Switch
  • With the same cable connect to WAN port of RT-AC68U as AiMesh Node, I am getting close to 0.5 gbps when connected to LAN Port of AiMesh Node
PS: On RT-AC86U - AiMesh Node I get close to 1 gbps when connected to LAN Port for the same test. Unless my memory failed me, I remember the last I tested was about 0.5 gbps :)

I’d love to send you feedback.
Where exactly is the feedback function?

WebUI , Administration -> Feedback,
Please remember check "system Log" and "Wi-Fi Log" items.

Or

You can try the official version.

Last edited:
Arthur,

Just sent feedback

I Powered down all my 3 AiMesh Devices and restart to have a clean setup to collect the logs.
I am using MacBookPro 15” Retina with Thunderbolt Ethernet
  • I have validated I actually get very close 1 gbps when when connected directly to Cisco Switch
  • With the same cable connect to WAN port of RT-AC68U as AiMesh Node, I am getting close to 0.5 gbps when connected to LAN Port of AiMesh Node
PS: On RT-AC86U - AiMesh Node I get close to 1 gbps when connected to LAN Port for the same test. Unless my memory failed me, I remember the last I tested was about 0.5 gbps :)

Could you give me a ID to identify which one you sent ? or you can try the official version.

current FW for AiMesh master and 2 Nodes AC68Us (RT-AC68U_9.0.0.4_382_19612-g01e94f5)

AiMesh: An innovative new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home WiFi network. Refer to https://www.asus.com/aimesh/ for more detail.

Security fixed
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Joaquim's contribution.
- Fixed LAN RCE vulnerability. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs

Bug fixed
- Fixed NAT throughput drop issue.
- Fixed high CPU loading issue.

- Fixed network map abnormal responded time issues
- Fixed client list issues.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.

Just updated my AiMesh to Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_10007-g8e859e9 OK

Updated master AP AiMesh then 1st Node (off update page)could not update the 2rd Node off update page

rebooted the master AP (FW 384) then Update page appears for 2rd Node

the update page shows the old FW on 1st Node did not Update , 2rd Node shows the FW 384

poked update for 1st Node (no update occured ) rebooted AP master

update page appears for 1st Node poked the FW for 384

rebooted the AP master

I did not reset AiMesh AP master or Nodes or power cycle.....

now all AIMesh shows Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_10007-g8e859e9

seems to be running as clean as skidders peter
Are you download and update FW manually? Or you just click check and update ?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Could you give me a ID to identify which one you sent ? or you can try the official version.

Arthur,

What ID? email ID? and how do I sent to you without posting it here in the public :)

As there is no official version for RT-AC5300 as my AiMesh Router, I will have to continue running current beta. Question: can I with the beta AiMesh Router, use the official version for my AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U and RT-AC68U)?

By the way can some one take a look and correct your download links, thank you!
  • Click RT-AC86U - I get RT-AC68U download
  • Click RT-AC68U - I get RT-AC68R download

Arthur,

What ID? email ID? and how do I sent to you without posting it here in the public :)

As there is no official version for RT-AC5300 as my AiMesh Router, I will have to continue running current beta. Question: can I with the beta AiMesh Router, use the official version for my AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U and RT-AC68U)?

By the way can some one take a look and correct your download links, thank you!
  • Click RT-AC86U - I get RT-AC68U download
  • Click RT-AC68U - I get RT-AC68R download
If you are talking about AiMesh portal, it need more time to synchronize with backend server, You can download 86/68 FW from support side by models.

Yes, the beta Firmware(RT-AC5300) can work with official FW(86U/68U).

If you are talking about AiMesh portal, it need more time to synchronize with backend server, You can download 86/68 FW from support side by models.

Yes, the beta Firmware(RT-AC5300) can work with official FW(86U/68U).

Arthur,

Thanks for confirming
Thanks, finally found it as per your instructions ... Links under different OS Choices, some of them are different :) some clean up needed.

@arthurlien , what issues with using a GT-AC5300 as router and node?

Newb here, so my apologies if this is a dumb question.

I'm going to pick up two of the TM-1900s to build a mesh network.

I've been running an Asus RT-N66U for a couple of years as my main wireless AP. But I had been using my Fios Quantum router to handle the DHCP and IP tables.

Can I build an AIMesh using the TM1900 as access points, or do I need to stop using the Fios Quantum entirely and use the TM1900/AC68U for DHCP? Just want to understand my roadmap before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!
You can still use the ISP router for NAT/ DHCP and use the TM-1900's as mesh AP's. More or less what I'm doing since the AT&T modem/ router can't be bypassed (least not the model I have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!