What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@arthurlien - Is there a good reason why I cannot log in to the GUI of my AiMesh Node? It looks like it tries to forward me back to the parent router and then I get an error page. I am interested in checking up on the Wifi settings of the AiMesh Node, i.e. Bluetooth compatibility, Tx power level, etc.

I have no trouble logging in to the parent router directly.

@arthurlien - Is there a good reason why I cannot log in to the GUI of my AiMesh Node? It looks like it tries to forward me back to the parent router and then I get an error page. I am interested in checking up on the Wifi settings of the AiMesh Node, i.e. Bluetooth compatibility, Tx power level, etc.

By design. All configuration fir the AiMesh node is pushed out from the parent router.

By design. All configuration fir the AiMesh node is pushed out from the parent router.
While I agree this will simplify the setup but it also reduce the node usefulness, for example we can't have different tx power level for each node.

Centralization Management.....

Centralization Management.....

Well yes, except at this stage only a few settings appear to be centralised and propagate to Nodes, and many other desirable settings are not, so its a bit of a bastard child ... :eek:

StephenH

I have encounter some more error messages yesterday, reboot to solve the problem:

Jan 24 16:11:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:11:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:11:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:11:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:11:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:11:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:12:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:12:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:12:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:12:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:13:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:13:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:13:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available

Attached the syslog for analysis

Attachments

• syslog.log.txt
    229.7 KB · Views: 353
Just found another strange issue. I have setup the communication to the node via ethernet, however, I discovered that the router have a connection to the node using 5G channel wireless, just feeling strange.

img005.png

img006.png

I have encounter some more error messages yesterday, reboot to solve the problem:

Jan 24 16:11:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:11:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:12:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:12:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:12:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:12:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:13:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:13:04 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for wds1.3: No buffer space available
Jan 24 16:13:34 lldpd[378]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available

Attached the syslog for analysis

this message will not effect any issue or problem....

Well yes, except at this stage only a few settings appear to be centralised and propagate to Nodes, and many other desirable settings are not, so its a bit of a bastard child ... :eek:

StephenH

I would recommend submitting feature request using the feedback feature within the web GUI.

I recently submitted one specifically for the node.

-manual reboot
-scheduled reboot
-cpu/memory stats
-enable SSH (turns out this already is inherited but it took a while to take affect)
-USB device management

A few more I can think of...
-sync status, considering my SSH experience.
-someone mentioned TX power. (Not sure if that’s referenced correctly)
-I would also like the ability to assign a static IP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StephenH

If you need to fully control policy in Node, you can use general Router and AP mode.

If you need to fully control policy in Node, you can use general Router and AP mode.

Yes @arthurlien I'm aware I can do that, but then I lose the benefits of AIMesh, so its a bit of "you win some, you lose some".

Any news on progress for implementing Guest Networks across the Nodes?
That is main thing I am missing compared to a pure AP setup, as I have 4 X AP's currently testing in AiMesh mode.

StephenH

Yes @arthurlien I'm aware I can do that, but then I lose the benefits of AIMesh, so its a bit of "you win some, you lose some".

That is main thing I am missing compared to a pure AP setup, as I have 4 X AP's currently testing in AiMesh mode.

StephenH

developing .....

StephenH
developing .....
Unless your team can implement this without destroying isolation of Guest connections, please DO NOT implement this "feature". As it says under the Guest config screen "The Guest Network provides Internet connection for guests but restricts access to your local network.". Unless you can guaranty that - don't implement it.

I think i can't to discuss any detail information about the unreleased feature and schedule any more. Sorry for that and thanks for everyone's feedback in here.

Unless your team can implement this without destroying isolation of Guest connections, please DO NOT implement this "feature". As it says under the Guest config screen "The Guest Network provides Internet connection for guests but restricts access to your local network.". Unless you can guaranty that - don't implement it.
Honestly, without support for the various handoff helping protocols (802.11k,r,v,s), an isolated guest Network that includes access points is the only compelling reason I see to use the mesh over access point mode right now.

Want to ask a question, is MAC address filtering works in AiMesh? Will the settings automatically propagates to the nodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.