What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

New user to the forum and have just set up my AiMesh with 3 devices:
  1. AC5300, FW: 3.0.0.4.384_20379, Router
  2. AC5300, FW: 3.0.0.4.384_20379, Node 1, wired to Router
  3. AC5300, FW: 3.0.0.4.384_20379, Node 2, wired to Router
The AC5300 FW has two smart connect options. Tri-band smart connect or 5G smart connect. I am using the 5G Smart Connect and this gives me a 2.4G band(one SSID) and smart connect 5G having 2 5G bands(with one SSID). I choose this setup because I have several WEMO clients that only connect on 2.4G and I also have a few other devices that seem to only connect on 2.4G. I could set up 3 SSID's but it seems so much simpler to have only two SSID's as I move around the house since my wireless moving devices all connect on 5G.

Prior to the AiMesh setup I had a router and two AC5300's set up as wired AP's. Lot's of SSID's to look at as I moved around.

My ISP is Comcast and the connection to the house is both Fiber and Cable. I use the Fiber connection into the house for my home network (cable for TV and phone with cable ethernet as a backup if needed).

Fiber provides a static IP and gives me a 1 G ethernet connection(1G up and down) to the Comcast provided Juniper Switch which is in the house not on an outside wall. Setup is: Fiber to the house into Juniper>Juniper 1 gig ethernet port wired to AC5300 Router. Juniper also gives me a 2G fiber port with a dedicated static IP but I'm not networking that port and I only use it with an optical cable for 1 computer.

About 16 wireless and 25 wired clients which I can see in the IOS ASUS Router APP. As I roam around the house (with my iPad or iPhone) I can see in the IOS APP that there is handoff between router and nodes and it seems to be working. Not as good as when I was doing it myself by switching manually but not too bad this early in the FW release cycle.

So far, and that's a very limited time, I've seen that some wireless clients don't show and with only 1 device moving around for testing I see some clients move.

So, two questions at this point.
  1. Just curious if there is anything, in particular, I might want to be looking for which might help?

2. Also, I see ASUS recently updated (March 5, 2018) this FAQ "[AiMesh] How many AiMesh nodes can be added to an AiMesh system?" https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1035085

This confuses me. If I use wired connections to the AiMesh router is 2 the maximum number of nodes I can have? Might be nice to add a third wired to the router.
Jim

Last edited:
Does anyone here have roaming issue? my setup was AC88U - main and AC68U as node. When I am using my iphone and I walked from AC88U to AC68U, either I got kicked from my game server or my facebook video will hang, and will take some time for it to get back up. Anyone faced similar issue? or Aimesh roaming works perfectly fine? Please do share with me thanks

Folks, this thread is about the old 10007 release. I recommend using the newer threads if you are running a newer version (and if you aren't, then you should update to ensure you are running the latest versions, which contains various fixes.)

Thank you.

I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent further necroposting.

Status
Not open for further replies.