What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovehikki

Occasional Visitor
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.10007

New feature
AiMesh: an innovative new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home WiFi network.
Refer to https://www.asus.com/aimesh/ for more detail.

Security fixed
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Joaquim's contribution.
- Fixed LAN RCE vulnerability. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs

Bug fixed
- Fixed network map abnormal responded time issues
- Fixed client list issues.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.

Boost Samba write performance up to 30%. To get full USB 3.0 speed, please disable "reducing USB 3.0 interference".

Firmware Download Links:-

RT-AC86U

RT-AC88U

RT-AC68U

RT-AC66U_B1

Enjoy!

Moderator Note 8 Jan 18: Please discuss AiMesh/TM-AC1900 here.

Moderator Note: Old discussion for AiMesh beta is here. That thread is closed. Please continue the AiMesh discussion here for version 3.0.0.4.384.10007

Last edited by a moderator:
I just spotted that Asus released 3.0.0.4.384.10007 for the RT-AC68U and new firmware for other models. I'm confused:

• This seems to include AiMesh but is 384 the new "go to" version from Asus or a parallel development?
  • A question (for @RMerlin I guess) is whether Asuswrt-Merlin will be going this route (I assume with lots of hard work so not expecting miracles)?
EDIT: Just to avoid any misunderstanding. I am in no way asking RMerlin to rush through his version of the 384 code, I'm just surprised how quickly Asus have released 384 code after 382 and can imagine the thought of all this extra work is going to be very daunting if Erik plans to support it.

Last edited:
Devices with AiMesh will jump to the 384_1xxxx branch, while the rest will stay on 382_3xxxx and up. Asus will be developing both in parallel, patches to the 384 code should be also ported by Asus to the 382 branch. This will however be problematic for me as I don't have the the time nor the energy to maintain THREE separate branches in parallel (380, 382 and 384).

Until I get to see the 384 code and I get a clearer picture as to which model are available on the 384 branch and which won't be in the near future, I cannot answer any question about how I will handle it - I simply don't know.

Until I get to see the 384 code and I get a clearer picture as to which model are available on the 384 branch and which won't be in the near future, I cannot answer any question about how I will handle it - I simply don't know.

I understand that you need to see the code first to understand the implications and that you don't want to maintain 3 branches.

The models that are currently supported with AiMesh are listed on this glossy page: https://www.asus.com/aimesh/
Just scroll to the bottom.

Hope it will come one day. But more feature, more taxing for the router (older model like ac68u), I am happy with a few ap routers (spare routers)... lol

Well it certainly seems to have stirred things up as that is a reasonably long list that will be on 384 code.

I’m thinking this is quite detrimental to land at the current time, but then my router is working very well on the current 382.2 beta so maybe I will have a period of stability using what’s already here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the obvious thing is 380 will eventually be retired as 90% of routers will run 382/384 once Asus finish porting them onto the new branches.
Just a matter of that precious commodity- time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the AC86U has the client map fixes that Merlin talked about in the past

Bug fixed
- Fixed network map abnormal responded time issues
- Fixed client list issues.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.

Boost Samba write performance up to 30%. To get full USB 3.0 speed, please disable "reducing USB 3.0 interference".

I hope it's not going to be too hard to support 384 on Merlin.

Devices with AiMesh will jump to the 384_1xxxx branch, while the rest will stay on 382_3xxxx and up. Asus will be developing both in parallel, patches to the 384 code should be also ported by Asus to the 382 branch. This will however be problematic for me as I don't have the the time nor the energy to maintain THREE separate branches in parallel (380, 382 and 384).

Hi Merlin,

If you’re unable support 384, will 382 still get 384 patches and bug fixes?

Thank you.

Seems it would be more appropriate for this post to be in the "ASUSWRT - Official" forum. That aside, I found this morning that my RT-AC86U had automatically upgraded to this firmware last night. I think this must have happened because I performed a check to see if there was a newer firmware (which there was). My AC68U had not automatically upgraded, but since the AC86U was done, I decided to do the AC68U manually.

No undesirable behavior so far. I'll try enabling the mesh function later this week.

I'd be happily stuck on 380 with my n66u (knowing it will eventually need replacing) if it means @RMerlin gets working on a 384 version sooner. Maybe (hopefully) the timing of a stable AM384 and the demise of n66u will coincide...but that'll mean @thelonelycoder and everyone else will have to go that way too...
Surgite!

Far better than the 382 firmwares for the 68U, this gives me all the features of the 382 but with none of the bugs I suffered. Touch wood so far this is a good release.

I'd be happily stuck on 380 with my n66u (knowing it will eventually need replacing) if it means @RMerlin gets working on a 384 version sooner. Maybe (hopefully) the timing of a stable AM384 and the demise of n66u will coincide...but that'll mean @thelonelycoder and everyone else will have to go that way too...
Surgite!
Not everyone needs the AiMesh feature. And whatever the future of Asuswrt-Merlin branch(es) are, as long as Asus does not lock down certain NVRAM settings AB-Solution 4.x will already be compatible.

My birthday gift would be you support GT one !!!! Miss your fw`s so much

Someone tested AiMesh with AC-66U_B1? Is it supported AiMesh? No official info nowhere except here....

When asus releases the gt-ac5300 mesh firmware officially will it be discussed in this thread as well? Or will it can't its own thread?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.