What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you capture a UI picture ?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Sorry for the delay, but here are screenshots from the PC GUI. You can see that the camera is listed under .116 twice (it has a "2" on the icon) but is also given the .235 IP by DHCP. I can find and access the camera feed using both IPs, but I would have thought the .235 should be the only one, since that is what I assigned it via MAC address. I don't know why it assigns .116, let alone twice. On the Android app it actually shows the camera as two separate entries under .116 and not at all under .235. I'm running 20287, but I've had this issue since as long as I have owned the router and camera and it has always done this, spanning multiple firmware versions.

EDIT: I just updated to 20308, nothing changed. However, when I reconnected my camera, it first listed it once under .235, but then it refreshed and showed it as two cameras under .116, per usual. I've seen this behavior before, where if I reboot the router or disconnect the camera or something, it will briefly show as .235 as I have it assigned, but then goes into what you see in my screen caps upon refresh of the client list. As mentioned, the camera can be accessed from both IPs.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 578
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    78.5 KB · Views: 585
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Just wanted to update that my AIMesh network has been much much much more stable with 3.0.0.4.384_20308. I haven't noticed any dropping or connectivity issues since upgrading to this firmware. Way to go Asus!

Sorry for the delay, but here are screenshots from the PC GUI. You can see that the camera is listed under .116 twice (it has a "2" on the icon) but is also given the .235 IP by DHCP. I can find and access the camera feed using both IPs, but I would have thought the .235 should be the only one, since that is what I assigned it via MAC address. I don't know why it assigns .116, let alone twice. On the Android app it actually shows the camera as two separate entries under .116 and not at all under .235. I'm running 20287, but I've had this issue since as long as I have owned the router and camera and it has always done this, spanning multiple firmware versions.

EDIT: I just updated to 20308, nothing changed. However, when I reconnected my camera, it first listed it once under .235, but then it refreshed and showed it as two cameras under .116, per usual. I've seen this behavior before, where if I reboot the router or disconnect the camera or something, it will briefly show as .235 as I have it assigned, but then goes into what you see in my screen caps upon refresh of the client list. As mentioned, the camera can be accessed from both IPs.

I think there is something make you confused. There are two kind of client list in WebUI.

1. Total client list in whole Network : such as your capture2.png
2. client list who connected in Node : such as your capture.png

the Total client list will contained the client list in Node.

Other issue as you mention that IP Reservation doesn't work , is't correct ? The IPCAN is used ethernet to connect to Node.

I think there is something make you confused. There are two kind of client list in WebUI.

1. Total client list in whole Network : such as your capture2.png
2. client list who connected in Node : such as your capture.png

the Total client list will contained the client list in Node.
Yes, I'm aware of the two different client lists. My point was, it was showing as double in both of these locations. The app illustrates this issue much better, so I have taken a screenshot of the Android app, where you can clearly see the camera (which is attached to the network via a powerline LAN) listed twice at address .116, just like in the PC GUI.

Other issue as you mention that IP Reservation doesn't work , is't correct ? The IPCAN is used ethernet to connect to Node.
To be clear, I have set up the IP camera to select .235 and reserve that as the IP address. However, as you can see, the client node only lists the camera (twice) under .116, not under the .235 that it should grab. Further, I can access the camera video stream via either .116 or .235. In short, the router seems to assign the camera both .116 and .235 addresses, and displays the camera as connected to .116 twice. I would expect with the reservation of .235 on, it should not be assigning any other addresses from the DHCP pool. It does recognize the .235 assignment, but continues to assign a random IP address from the pool (in this case .116). Hopefully that makes it more clear.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180206-070302.png
    Screenshot_20180206-070302.png
    249.1 KB · Views: 526
It should be, but my experience of mac filter on 384.10007 is it totally broken, when I enable it the node will reject all wifi connect include those white listed
Completely broken is an overstatement. It works perfectly in standalone mode, but not with AiMesh.
- I was not able to upload my node, until I disabled MAC filtering
- Once in Aimesh mode, indeed no WIFI access to anyone, even if whitelisted.

Interesting part:
- when I failed to install the Aimesh node, it only uploaded till 52% or so. Then it rapidly ran up to 100%, giving a failure.
- I then added the Aimesh node to the MAC filtering whitelisting.... I suddenly could go to 99%, still failing
- Only when disabling the MAC filtering I succeeded.
Who knows: perhaps you have to add all AiMesh node WIFI adapters to the whitelisting first??

Yes, I'm aware of the two different client lists. My point was, it was showing as double in both of these locations. The app illustrates this issue much better, so I have taken a screenshot of the Android app, where you can clearly see the camera (which is attached to the network via a powerline LAN) listed twice at address .116, just like in the PC GUI.

To be clear, I have set up the IP camera to select .235 and reserve that as the IP address. However, as you can see, the client node only lists the camera (twice) under .116, not under the .235 that it should grab. Further, I can access the camera video stream via either .116 or .235. In short, the router seems to assign the camera both .116 and .235 addresses, and displays the camera as connected to .116 twice. I would expect with the reservation of .235 on, it should not be assigning any other addresses from the DHCP pool. It does recognize the .235 assignment, but continues to assign a random IP address from the pool (in this case .116). Hopefully that makes it more clear.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

For IPCAM duplicated in client list of APP, could you send feedback by APP when the issue happened ?

For IPCAM duplicated in client list of APP, could you send feedback by APP when the issue happened ?
I just submitted feedback using the feedback option in the app. I referenced you and this exchange on this forum in said feedback. As mentioned, this is not a recent issue, but has been ongoing for the past year, since whatever firmware version was installed on my AC3100 out of the box. The IP camera is the only device that doubles up like this, from what I have seen. If there is anything else you need (e.g., logs from the GUI/router itself), let me know.

Interesting part:
- when I failed to install the Aimesh node, it only uploaded till 52% or so. Then it rapidly ran up to 100%, giving a failure.
- I then added the Aimesh node to the MAC filtering whitelisting.... I suddenly could go to 99%, still failing
- Only when disabling the MAC filtering I succeeded.

I don't use MAC filtering but I had a similar issue where the adding of nodes kept failing. I had the units right next to each other and even had them all connected to the same lan. But finally got it to work consistently was to disconnect the nodes from the lan, connect each node's wan port to the lan ports on the main unit.

No idea why this helps. It could just be random chance. Perhaps aimesh got confused since each node is visible over wifi and lan and disconnecting from the lan helped. Or maybe it was able to add it through the wan port (I didn't try adding over the wan port with wifi disabled).

I just submitted feedback using the feedback option in the app. I referenced you and this exchange on this forum in said feedback. As mentioned, this is not a recent issue, but has been ongoing for the past year, since whatever firmware version was installed on my AC3100 out of the box. The IP camera is the only device that doubles up like this, from what I have seen. If there is anything else you need (e.g., logs from the GUI/router itself), let me know.

I already informed APP team to review your app feedback..

Is it possible to disable 2.4Ghz?

2.4Ghz is way too congested in my area, and I want to be courteous to my neighbors and use 5Ghz only. When I set up AiMesh, I can turn off 2.4Ghz antenna on the ROUTER (the 2.4Ghz LED on the ROUTER turns off), but the 2.4Ghz light does not turn off on the NODE. I can also connect to the 2.4GHz SSID on my phone.

Is it possible to disable 2.4Ghz?

2.4Ghz is way too congested in my area, and I want to be courteous to my neighbors and use 5Ghz only. When I set up AiMesh, I can turn off 2.4Ghz antenna on the ROUTER (the 2.4Ghz LED on the ROUTER turns off), but the 2.4Ghz light does not turn off on the NODE. I can also connect to the 2.4GHz SSID on my phone.
Currently, the main can't disabled wifi in Node.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Status
Not open for further replies.