What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
only 68U did not work ?

Yes, that is true, suspect that there are some problem when pushing the wifi settings from 88U to 68U. I have checked some nvram settings and cannot found any problem, both the maclist and macmode are configured properly in the 68U. Not sure if there are any other settings that matters.

Yes, that is true, suspect that there are some problem when pushing the wifi settings from 88U to 68U. I have checked some nvram settings and cannot found any problem, both the maclist and macmode are configured properly in the 68U. Not sure if there are any other settings that matters.

Could you give me your contact information by PM ?

I have successfully connect 68U to 88U as a node, however you need to make sure the following things:
1. Need to do factory reset of both devices (pressed WPS button -> power on -> wait until power LED flashed -> release WPS button)
2. Place both devices closer to each other for best Wifi signal for binding
3. Can try to repeat the factory reset procedure to the node if not found

Hope this helps.

Hey, thanks. Yea, I think I am gonna leave it alone for now. My 3100 has a lot of static IP'set on it, port forwards, OpenVPN and configs, etc. Would be a pain to set it up again. I am curious... What is the difference between the reset button on the back and the WPS reset? Ive not had to do much troubleshoothing with these in the past as they just work. lol

Don't apologies.... I known you need the feature to set a device to connect specific Node. But i need to clarify the reason why you need it. I think if the Mesh network is stabled, no matter which node it connected. Maybe you can give me some use case/reason/problem you meant to discuss with Internal Team....

Base on your IPCAN case, if MAC filter feature is working normal, it could be solved your IPCAN's problem. Am i correct ?

Apologies @Stephen Harrington , i just try to understand what you need and why you need...

BTW, let me check the MAC Filter works normal or not first. (Including AiMesh Router and AiMesh Node)

Hi @arthurlien, you have no need to apologise either, we are both working towards a best solution! As I understand it, if MAC filter were working properly (and it seems it may not be for AC68U at least currently) across all Nodes then that would NOT be what is required, because that would still mean I was unable to lock a device to a specific Node and ensure there was no gap when roaming between AP’s.

Am I still misunderstanding?

Because Roaming between Nodes is not seamless, there is always a handover “gap”, and because these devices are fixed position I just want to ensure they never Roam due to changing signal conditions (even though they don’t move themselves) and disconnect/reconnect and interrupt the data stream. As I see it AIMesh should ultimately have both Global and Per Node MAC address blacklisting (and maybe whitelisting?) unless there is a better way to give flexibility to deal with edge cases in the same way I can now when I run multiple non-mesh AP’s?

StephenH

Last edited:
@arthurlien Well that's a hard one to answer for sure, as I can't definitely say until I roll out the AiMesh setup (4 X AC68U AP's) properly to the house.
I'm hanging off doing that at present and just playing with them "on the bench" whilst following this thread and watching developments.

But I CAN say that under my current setup, which is 4 X TP-Link WDR-4300 "Wireless N" AP's set with identical SSIDs, I have a specific use case that requires this.

I have 2 X IP cameras which are in fixed positions but happen to both be within strong signal zones of at least 2 AP's.
These get triggered by movement and get recorded by software running on a macOS server.
I was finding that both cameras would randomly just disconnect at times and the recordings would be truncated or fail.
I fixed this on the current AP's by blacklisting the MAC addresses of the 2 X IP cams on all but the "closest" AP.
It's worked fine ever since.

Since I see no current way to achieve this "selective AP Node blacklisting/whitelisting" in AiMesh, my concern would be that the IP Cams will behave in the "old" way once I cut across to the AiMesh setup. To reinforce this I also note a lot of comments on here about how devices tend to initially connect to the closest/strongest Node but over time roam to the Router Node, even though that may not be the closest/strongest, which reinforces my concern.

This doubt plus the lack of guest networks across all Nodes is my main excuse for holding off. That and hoping there may be a new build soon that improves some of this.
If it was just me in the house I'd put them into position and see how it goes, but its NOT just me and other members of the household expect working Wifi at all times and if it fails it's always my fault! :(

If I do get a good chunk of hours on my own I may give it a go anyway ...

StephenH

Nearly the same with my usage, I had some Foscam R2/R4 IP cam, luckly I didn't see it drop connection when switch between differnet node, but when it connect to the node which had large bandwidth usage by other PC already I can see some video corruption due to not enough bandwidth

@arthurlien may be an individual MAC filter for node can easier for bandwidth management? (separate high bandwidth demand device to different node?)

Last edited:
Ha, missed your message. Well, I have 3 devices: 88U as AP, 88U as node and 68U as node. It works for both 88U, only the 68U is not working in which it reject everything.

See if they can fix it.

I always think that they should have some bugs in configuration sync, since they support many different devices with different hardware, they need to take care how the config should be transformed when syncing to other devices and this kind of transformation will generate problems easily.
Ha Ha, you make me regret not to get the 88U :)

Hi, happy to find that Asus updated "old" routers to support MESH :)
My setup is 2 x AC68U with 3.0.0.4.384_10007
Ethernet (only) backhaul - up and running, with no hassle :) Uptime as of now 9 days 20 hours.
But I get this in my log every second or so... 24/7
Jan 25 23:29:17 dnsmasq-dhcp[3435]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 00:0c:42:f2:4b:89
Jan 25 23:29:17 dnsmasq-dhcp[3435]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.0.139 00:0c:42:f2:4b:89
Jan 25 23:29:23 lldpd[318]: unable to get system name
Jan 25 23:29:26 dnsmasq-dhcp[3435]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 00:0c:42:f2:4b:89
Jan 25 23:29:26 dnsmasq-dhcp[3435]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.0.139 00:0c:42:f2:4b:89
Jan 25 23:29:28 dnsmasq-dhcp[3435]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 00:0c:42:f2:4b:89
Jan 25 23:29:28 dnsmasq-dhcp[3435]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.0.139 00:0c:42:f2:4b:89
The MAC is for my routerboard/Mikrotik-antenna that I use as a P2P link to an other house. (with routerboard/Mikrotik)
In that house there is a AC3200 router, working as a AP. All DHCP is done from main-AC68U.
Not sure if this is related to the routerboard or any of the routers, but wanted to ask here, since I see so many qualified people answering ppl :)

384_20287 is available for the RT-AC88U (and possibly other models, I didn't check). Might be worth giving it a try if you guys are having issues.

Hey, thanks. Yea, I think I am gonna leave it alone for now. My 3100 has a lot of static IP'set on it, port forwards, OpenVPN and configs, etc. Would be a pain to set it up again. I am curious... What is the difference between the reset button on the back and the WPS reset? Ive not had to do much troubleshoothing with these in the past as they just work. lol

Well, if you are technical enough, there is a way to selectively choose to restore what config back to the router after factory reset. You need to enable telnet / ssh to the router and make use of the nvram command to list out all the config and selectively put it back by command line / linux scripting.

384_20287 is available for the RT-AC88U (and possibly other models, I didn't check). Might be worth giving it a try if you guys are having issues.

Good news, I have already updated to this version successfully. Monitoring the stability.

My network: RT-AC86U main, RT-AC1900p node AiMesh ethernet.
I think this is a known issue: After about 8 days the Node connectivity went offline as reported by the main web config page. Rebooted the main and it came back.

Another weird issue that may or may not be related to the RT-AC86U firmware. 2 Windows laptops connected to ethernet ports on the RT-AC86U. Using Windows Remote connection to RDP from PC1 to PC2. While connected from PC1, select Sleep on PC2. PC2 goes to sleep. PC1 loses network connectivity for a few minutes. During this timeframe, if I press the power button on PC2, then PC1 resumes network connectivity. Strange thing. I was thinking that maybe the router was dropping the ethernet connection for PC1 by mistake.

BTW..the above scenerio is something I do all the time. The issue never happened with my RT-AC1900p. I guess I'll have to swap back the RT-AC1900p as main to see if it router related.

Last edited:
Where is this firmware?
I don't see it under the support files on asus site for the 88U

Please refer to ASUS official website.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Hi. I looked there and the RT-AC66U is not listed as a supported model. Does that mean it won't be supported at some point in the future?

I ask because I only have one RT-AC68U but two RT-AC66U's. Am I SOL?

If I have to start over I may just go buy Google WIFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.