What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bug for the latest 3.0.0.4.384_20287, nothing related to performance, but it keep trigger the firmware upgrade progress page

it's repeatable for me, all you need is click on the check update icon under the firmware tab. And it will automatically trigger the firmware is upgrading progression overlay everytime you navigate back to the firmware upgrade tab
Untitled.png
I switch between Microsoft edge and chrome, it will keep happening till I reboot my router.

a bug for the latest 3.0.0.4.384_20287, nothing related to performance, but it keep trigger the firmware upgrade progress page

it's repeatable for me, all you need is click on the check update icon under the firmware tab. And it will automatically trigger the firmware is upgrading progression page everytime you navigate back to the firmware upgrade tab
View attachment 11745
I switch between Microsoft edge and chrome, it will keep happening till I reboot my router.

I had the same issue. Reboot of the router cleared it. In my situation any firmware update checks post reboot did not trigger another occurrence.

In my case this was originally triggered after updating my node to new update from 10007.

Also it looks like the upgrade status bar is triggered but no actual changes to the firmware are occurring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOOOOO FRUSTRATED, the new 3.0.0.4.384_20287 took 4 minutes node to went offline!!

Also, keep triggering the firmware upgrade progress page until you restart, seriously NO ONE AT ASUS NOTICE THIS BEFORE RELEASiNG this???

TWO AC68U CONNECTED WIRELESSLY

It is supposed to be a PRODUCTION WORKING AND TESTED FIRMWARE, WE PAID $$$$$ FOR THIS ROUTERS, YOU ARE NOT DOING ANY "FAVOR" TO US, YOU ARE NOT MERLING THAT DONATES HIS WORK FOR LOVE AND NEVER EVER EVER HE RELEASE THIS KIND OF UNPROFESSIONAL WORK, SHAME!!

This start sounding like a BAD JOKE!!!

Sorry but true

SOOOOO FRUSTRATED, the new 3.0.0.4.384_20287 took 4 minutes node to went offline!!

Also, keep triggering the firmware upgrade progress page until you restart, seriously NO ONE AT ASUS NOTICE THIS BEFORE RELEASiNG this???

It is supposed to be a PRODUCTION WORKING AND TESTED FIRMWARE, WE PAID $$$$$ FOR THIS ROUTERS, YOU ARE NOT DOING ANY "FAVOR" TO US, YOU ARE NOT MERLING THAT DONATES HIS WORK FOR LOVE AND NEVER EVER EVER HE RELEASE THIS KIND OF UNPROFESSIONAL WORK, SHAME!!

Sorry but true

Relax.

Sorry but true

I had the same experience after I rejoined the node. Power cycled it manually once and I haven’t had issues since.

Aside the firmware update progress bar and having to rejoin and restart the node for me this is looking positive.

Luckily for me I haven’t had too many problems since the release of aimesh and even with those that I did have weren’t show stoppers for. Just my experience.

I had the same experience after I rejoined the node. Power cycled it manually once and I haven’t had issues since.

Aside the firmware update progress bar and having to rejoin and restart the node for me this is looking positive.

Luckily for me I haven’t had too many problems since the release of aimesh and even with those that I did have weren’t show stoppers for. Just my experience.

Power cycled twice and keep going offline more frequently than with previous "production" firmwares

Power cycled twice and keep going offline more frequently than with previous "production" firmwares

Actually now that I think about it....i did have to reset the node once. So actual steps on the node where:

-Reset to factory using the reset button, typical hold until power light is blinking.
-Rejoined node to mesh.
Went offline at this point.
-Manual reboot to bring it online.
-Upgraded to new firmware, was at 10007 in previous steps.
Self rebooted after update.
Healthy since.

So I now have it working with the updated firmware. Anyone know if you can connect to the node directly now (aside from ssh)? I had a schedule on my router and APs (which are now nodes) to reboot once a week at a certain time... Wondering if I will now have to script this somehow.

tried setup aimesh today.
1. RT-AC68U as main
2. RT-AC88U as node (due house design, AP location is the best)

No issue with setup, connection is good between main and node. Added printer via WPS works fine. However found 2 issues:
1. Devices keep changing connection between 2 routers although node location is closest.
2. When I get full bars on wifi (connected to node), did speed test and only get 5-10Mbps download instead of 100Mbps.

So i reverted back to old setup (disabled 68U wifi, 88U as single AP). Expected speed now restored. Wifi strength can vary sometimes especially on 2nd floor but at least speed is good enough for streaming etc.

I updated my RT-AC88U en RT-AC68U both to version 3.0.0.4.384_20287-g51c2770. Now I can change my internal IP, use a SSL certificate and use all the settings I want (and I use a lot of settings). And after a reboot of both routers everyting still works!

The only check that I need to do is verifying if everything still works after a few days. Will send an update in a week.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if Adaptive QOS has been improved for the AC5300 ? Just wondering. I know what your going to say try it out for yourself. My problem is my network is currently busy and I can't upgrade my firmware right now.

WE PAID $$$$$ FOR THIS ROUTERS

You realize you did not pay for AiMesh tho, right? AiMesh is a totally new feature added afterward. It's a complex system, and will take time to stabilize. Asus are trying something that nobody has ever done here: implementing mesh networking on top of existing products that weren't originally designed for it.

When I enable Bonding/ Link aggregation, the router will not allow any device internet access. It shows a DHCP assigned IP from the ISP, but it doesn't allow any device access. Does anyone else have this problem? I've only tried with 20287 on the asus RT-AC3100 so not sure if older firmware worked.

I just updated my RT-AC68R and RT-AC68U both to version 3.0.0.4.384_20287-g51c2770, from 10007.

Apparently, the UPDATE FIRMWARE button that appears when you CHECK in the GUI for new FW, doesn't do anything anymore? I rebooted the router after using the button, after watching what looked like a FW progress bar, but the 10007 FW was still there!?!

I downloaded the 20287 update to my PC and updated the node and router manually. Updated the node first and router second, and everything was reconnected after router update completed.

hi, first post but been looking at this thread with interest for a bit since just bought a AC88U as main connection replacing my AC-N56U with my AC66U-B1 to improve wireless throughout home. Just installed latest firmware on both routers and locating the AC66U-B1 near AC88U then doing reset it was detected fine moved 66U back to living room and connected ethernet to WAN port and powered on , its early days but it's seems running ok and when i move around house i'm maintaining a connection. checking firmware version on mobile app say up to date but if via PC wants to still upgrade , will post again with any other scenarios on my ac66u-b1

Status
Not open for further replies.