What's new

OpenVPN both TCP and UDP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

server certificate goes in the cert field, server key in the key field.

Perhaps I am confused. I have to go the further step of manipulating things for my Chromebooks and I more than once have ended up in an unworkable state.

I'm not sure which router or firmware you are on, or the parameters of your certificate. You might think about saving the configuration and the jffs so you can go back, then resetting the servers to default, rebuild the configurations you want, and see what the resulting configuration looks like and where the certs ended up. Then you can go back to the original configuration and do the same.

Anyway - I've got this problem solved. Let's proceed to compression if you please.

Do I understand correctly it is safer to switch compression to disabled or none to both client and server for a better security?

Just to understand one each other - are you talking about VORACLE?

Last edited:
VORACLE, yes.

Disabled on both, I think. None enables compression without pushing a method, which means it could later be negotiated.

VORACLE, yes.

Disabled on both, I think. None enables compression without pushing a method, which means it could later be negotiated.
OK, I disabled it.
Anyway, VORACLE is still just a concept without even PoC. But security is security :)

Thank you for all your recommendations!