What's new

Openvpn certificate cut & paste not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jojo28

Occasional Visitor
On version 376.49_4 I cannot cut and paste my own certifcates under the Openvpn TLS option. I am running on RT-AC87U. I did a complete nvram reset, reloaded the software in rescue mode, nothing helped. I reloaded the lastest version of the asus firmware (Version 3.0.0.4.378.3754) and I can access it.

Any idea of what could be broken ?

Thanks,

Joel

On version 376.49_4 I cannot cut and paste my own certifcates under the Openvpn TLS option. I am running on RT-AC87U. I did a complete nvram reset, reloaded the software in rescue mode, nothing helped. I reloaded the lastest version of the asus firmware (Version 3.0.0.4.378.3754) and I can access it.

Any idea of what could be broken ?

Thanks,

Joel
open the certificate Using notepad++
copy the contents between -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- an paste to the marked red below.

login to the router using putty ans paste:
nvram set vpn_crt_client1_ca="-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----->Your-certifiate- here>-----END CERTIFICATE----->"
press enter
nvram commit
press enter

I have the same router as you, no problems here using ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

You didn't say what browser....

Did you try Shift-Delete and Shift-Insert for cut and paste?

While thinking about it, the cut and paste functions work elsewhere on the web-gui. It is only when I click next to the TLS setting that it does not work.

Sorry for not indicating the browser version: IE 11 under Windows 7 64.

Was just asking because some browsers can be a bit tempermental, IE11 should be fine.

Just for a check....how large is the key? The gui field is limited to 3499 characters. Not sure what trying to paste something larger would do.

Note that you must also paste the BEGIN/END line, as stated at the top of the webpage.

Indeed and this is exactly what I am doing. I downgraded to from 376.49_4 to 376.49_0 to check if this would change anything. I still cannot change the certificates while I can paste anything elsewhere. When start the server by applying it starts the server, generates its own certificates that I cannot change either.

Note that you must also paste the BEGIN/END line, as stated at the top of the webpage.

I have made now some progresses. I downgraded to 376.48_1 and everything works fine as far as cut and paste is concerned. There is definitely something broken with version 376.48_x and openvpn. But that is not the only thing that is weird. The port forwarding doesn't seem to work properly either.

Quick question.....is the problem that the data is pasted and just is not saved, or you cannot paste at all?

The only way to get around this bug is to downgrade to version 376.48.x, cut & paste the certificates and upgrade to 376.49.x. Nevertheless one cannot still cut/paste certificates in version 376.49.x.

Works fine for me, I just re-tested it again.

You most likely have a browser extension interfering, or your browser itself.

Works fine for me, I just re-tested it again.

You most likely have a browser extension interfering, or your browser itself.

High there. I just installed Chrome and the cut & paste works fine. Still it is strange that my configuration works well with 376.48.x but not with 376.49.x.

Thanky anyway for your support.