What's new

OpenVpn Client Athentication Configuration ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skywalker1726

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone , i recently got a VPN subscription , which i cant setup on my router , i'm using Padawan Custom Firmware on my router .
the previous connection that i had was quite simpler , i had a "/ca" and a "/tls-auth" with a username and password .
the new subscrittion provider , has given me three cert and key , with a username and password : /ca , /key and /cert .
the problem is that if i choose "UserName and Password" as my Authentication type , (and no HMAC Signature Check) , i only get the "ca.crt (Root CA Certificate)" in OPENVPN Cert and Keys tab , and the only way to get "Client.crt" and "client.key" added to this tab is to change the Authentication type From "usernamePassword" to "client.cert" , which then disables any entry for USERNAME or password in the UI .

so my problem is that i cannot use , user name password and 3 part cert and keys tab , together . since the UI wont allow me .
any help would be appreciated.

thanks .

ps : i tried setting the conf to Client.cert authentication type in the ui , which enabled the three part cert and key section, and for the username i did input

--auth-user-pass <(echo -e "username\npassword")

in the extended openVpn configuration

which did not work and i got an error mentioning bad use of backslash .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!