What's new

OpenVPN clients cannot connect to LAN computers.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MNBob

New Around Here
OpenVPN clients can connect to ASUS RT-AC68U router running ASUSWRT-Merlin 386.13 firmware. I have added the following entry in Advanced>Advanced>Custom Configuration with the quotes as shown

push "route 10.100.0.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.30" (192.168.0.30 is the LAN IP of the ASUS router)

10.100.0.0/24 is the subnet for VPN clients.
The customer site is using 192.168.0.0/24. (Bad, I know) We will be addressing that this summer.
Their default Gateway is 192.168.0.1 and is using an Adtran NetVanta 3140 with the Enhanced Feature Package.
They have 5 usable static public IP addresses, the NetVanta is on X.X.X.202 and the ASUS is on X.X.X.204.
DHCP is being handled by their Windows Server on the local subnet. 192.168.0.0/24
As mentioned above. the ASUS router is 192.168.0.30. I tried to push that IP address as a default gateway for the OpenVPN connections but it still does not provide communication to LAN computers.

I am not well versed with the Adtran NetVanta. I am lead to believe that I might need to create a route there as it is the default gateway and I need it to push traffic destined to 10.100.0.0/24 to the ASUS on 192.168.0.30.

Is there an easier way to do this? The customer currently has NCP VPN licenses for their Windows clients. I am making the changes above because they want to connect with iPads and Samsung tablets. Apple has deprecated TAP connections and I cannot import a profile to the OpenVPN APP on an iPad.