1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

OpenVPN Issue

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Rando, Dec 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rando

Rando Occasional Visitor

My clients are not able to connect to the internet, nor able to RDP to pc's after getting connected to my openvpn server on rt-ac3100 running 384.13. They can, however, ping the pc's within the LAN without error.

They're using the latest OpenVPN client from google play..they're also using the Microsoft RDP application from google play. These are my client settings..

client
    dev tun
    proto udp
    remote (address) (port#)
    float
    ncp-ciphers AES-128-GCM:AES-256-GCM
    auth SHA256
    compress lz4
    keepalive 15 60
    auth-user-pass
    remote-cert-tls server

I also have the "Client will use VPN to access" radio button set to "Both".

The IP range giving out by the vpn server is 10.8.0.* and the local lan is 192.168.2.*...

Any ideas?

2. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

I recommend the OpenVPN client by Arne Schwabe. Use something other than the default port. Login recommended. The IP settings should work. Be careful modifying the exported config file. I use pretty much the same settings with no issues.

3. Rando

Rando Occasional Visitor

Thanks the openvpn client by arne actually worked without changing anything.

bbunge likes this.
  4. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

Good to hear!