OpenVPN issues on AC88u using latest 384.19

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

mongodb

Occasional Visitor
Hi, not sure if your problem is now fixed but I have a similar issue with vpn and wired client performance with the Ac88u and merlin 384.19.

In my case, the router is OK for a couple days after reboot and then the cpu starts ticking up and stays there even if vpn tunnels aren't that busy. It'll get to a point after 5 days where I must restart or my wired machine (non-VPN client) starts seeing drops and slowness too.

Reactions: Phk

mongodb

Occasional Visitor
I'm even considering going back to an older version of merlin that I know works well with everything staying up for months. I really shouldn't have upgraded especially now that me and the gf are working from home mostly. I just want to be able to work normally and not have to investigate this so often.

Reactions: Phk

Phk

Occasional Visitor
I'm even considering going back to an older version of merlin that I know works well with everything staying up for months. I really shouldn't have upgraded especially now that me and the gf are working from home mostly. I just want to be able to work normally and not have to investigate this so often.
Hello, I've never been able to totally fix the issue. For now I received a new ax88u so my ac88u is stored.

Using exactly the same setup scenario, I'm getting 4MB/s in VPN instead of 0.7MB/s, and the wired clients do not lose connection when I'm testing (similar to your issue).

It's a really hard bug to trace, to be honest I was left without many ideas to help this project/trace the issue..