What's new

OpenVPN schedule VPN Client restart?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BGood

Regular Contributor
I'm running Merlin's 384.9 and lately my OpenVPN Client has been disconnecting daily with "authentication failed" messages. But every time I log in to the router and click to turn it on, it authenticates fine. Sometime later, it's back to "authentication failed".

I seem to recall on an earlier Merlin build that I had discovered a switch (script?) that restarted the VPN every hour. I have searched but not been able to find it again. If anybody knows the work-around, I would appreciate your posting it, please?

Thank you!

I'm running Merlin's 384.9 and lately my OpenVPN Client has been disconnecting daily with "authentication failed" messages. But every time I log in to the router and click to turn it on, it authenticates fine. Sometime later, it's back to "authentication failed".

I seem to recall on an earlier Merlin build that I had discovered a switch (script?) that restarted the VPN every hour. I have searched but not been able to find it again. If anybody knows the work-around, I would appreciate your posting it, please?

Thank you!
Also, do a review of the configuration specified by your VPN provider in the event something changed on their end. You may need to modify your settings. I had a similar issue recently and a it has been working okay after making a minor tweek for a setting I had wrong.