What's new

OpenVPN service stuck on AC86U 384.19

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mine25

Occasional Visitor
I noticed this issue with my AC86U running Merlin 384.19, where the OpenVPN service is getting stuck in "initializing settings". Hitting "Apply" in the VPN config page is generating a service restart (log attached) and everything goes back to normal until next day, when the issue reappears. Tried formatting the jffs partition and reinstalling the firmware + configure the router from scratch, but the issue is still there. Any ideas?

openvpn_issue.jpg

openvpn_log.jpg

openvpn_normal.jpg

A somewhat common issue.

Even though the wheel is spinning it does not impact the ability to connect to the server from the outside.

Easiest fix or least a way to stop the spinning wheel is just click on apply at the bottom of the page. The wheel goes away for a few days or even longer.

I agree, VPN connectivity is not impacted, only the config file export is not available. Still, annoying, and something to be considered for future firmware revisions.

I agree, VPN connectivity is not impacted, only the config file export is not available. Still, annoying, and something to be considered for future firmware revisions.

I save a copy of the config file on my NAS so if I need it it is readily available. This annoyance goes back several versions at least so hard to know if it will be corrected anytime soon particularly since while the problem isn't uncommon it doesn't seem to effect everyone running a server.