What's new

RT-AC86U - 386.12 : OpenVPN server crash when applying other network changes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

o0larry0o

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

I recently experienced issues with my openVPN server.
When I apply changes to networks config, such as activating or deactivating guest wifi, activating or deactivating static Route.

My OpenVPN goes to this state for ever, until I apply the VPN config again.

1699369879366.png

I just updated to firmware 386.12 from 386.7, and it did not resolve this issue.

Do you have any idea ?
I obviously don't change network setting regularly, but I'm in the process of changing my home network, that's why the issue became visible.

Thx a lot

It's obviously caused by the changes you discussed in your other thread here. So you need to be investigating the impact of those changes on the VPN server.

You need to provide all the relevant information from your other thread (or just continue that thread), none of which you mentioned in your OP. Without that information people will just waste time second-guessing what you've done and re-treading the same path.

I Opened a new thread because it has nothing to do with the previous one, since I experice the same issue without touching the guest wifi (which I disabled btw)

Where can I find the logs for openVPN srv ?

thx a lot

It is in the system log if you have not set your own path.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!