What's new

FlexQoS Optimizing FlexQos % for smooth performance (AC86U)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StavrosWTF

Occasional Visitor
So I have been using FlexQos recently with very good results in terms of performance and priorities. However, this is where it comes short for me.
The only thing that causes issues is File Transferring/Downloading. For example, today I was downloading Warzone on Battle.net (Flexqos categorized it as File Transferring correctly) and it was getting almost all the download bandwidth.
As a result, I was having 130ping while gaming and when I stopped and tried torrent streaming a movie, it wouldn't load at all until I paused Battle.net.

Any ideas on how I could be able to fix this without having to hard cap my File Transferring % Download/Upload?

So I have been using FlexQos recently with very good results in terms of performance and priorities. However, this is where it comes short for me.
The only thing that causes issues is File Transferring/Downloading. For example, today I was downloading Warzone on Battle.net (Flexqos categorized it as File Transferring correctly) and it was getting almost all the download bandwidth.
As a result, I was having 130ping while gaming and when I stopped and tried torrent streaming a movie, it wouldn't load at all until I paused Battle.net.

Any ideas on how I could be able to fix this without having to hard cap my File Transferring % Download/Upload?
you could see if you could reclass the "torrent streaming a movie". TBH I never have personally done such because the flexQoS and by extension adaptive QoS has always handled the priorities right. Also, my connection isn't so limited that playing a game would be impacted by a torrent streaming a movie. For all intensive purposes I could ride without QoS if I wanted to, but I prefer to have QoS to define limits where I choose.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!