What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 is now available for all supported Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does this update support Asus RT-AX55? If it supports, can I upgrade from official firmware 3.0.0.4.386_50460 to this update 388.1 without any issues?

Does this update support Asus RT-AX55? If it supports, can I upgrade from official firmware 3.0.0.4.386_50460 to this update 388.1 without any issues?

Nope. See Merlin's wiki for a list of supported routers.

Got issue so far only with the AiMesh Page that was mentioned before, it initially shows no connection or clients connected, then after 5-6 times of hard cache reset it resolves.

So far, nothing else popped there

I had this message in the logs, I assume can ignore it but wanted to check?...

Mar 7 11:14:46 ASUSAX6000 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 202

I have XT-12s and Xt-8 in my system successfully using the great merlin 388.1...but notice that on a fresh reboot my free memory is about 400mb but over a couple of week this slowly decreases until the other week I had 20mb free. What causes this and is there a quick memory release command I can telnet into the router. I used to have something for the RT-68U but those do not work with the XTs.

Apologies if I've missed the Q&A already but didn't see this.

Regards
Gary

A short and quick information is helpful... But it is your choice .

How to correctly revert back to Merlin 386.72?
Given you are going a major release backwards, install the 386.7-2 firmware, then do a hard reset and set up manually.

No! First update/downgrade then reset.

Went Dirty style on my AX88U and all seems to work well so far. Only issue Ive seen is the AMTM update manager says 3 updated Entware packages are available but the updated will not update them.

Memory usage seems more efficient so far (hanging at 69% versus 95%) but only time will tell.

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 9.18.10 PM.png

i've been doing merlinware for years now. 388 by far was unusable - a first for me. stockware also sucked. asked for help and was totally ignored - twice even! yet another first. i've not jumped on the latest 2/7/23 release.

while i do applaud the fine work eric does, sw is tough. it seems like he's the single developer for a worldwide product. that in itself is insane. i've done global software as a profession and it's intense. how he manages to do all that he does astonishes me.

i will likely pass on the next couple releases until things settle. i reverted to 386.72 which was always stable and runs like a thoroughbred. i don't run mesh but use a vpn and some static ip's at home with about 30 clients. it's solid as a rock.
I too had many problem on this release. Thanks for some direction on what to go to!!!

Router Model Affected
Models: GT-AX6000

Firmware Version Affected

Describe the bug
I disabled Aurora RGB a while ago and tried to re enable it today
The button doesnt seem to be working (Tested Firefox + Chrome)

Expected behavior
When i press the slider it enables Aurora RGB

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    247.7 KB · Views: 79
Does a reboot give that function working status again?

Does the 388.2 Beta 1 firmware solve this issue?

In any case, this firmware won't be fixed/updated at such a late date.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!