What's new

Original external fixed IP-address no longer available when using VPN after changing to Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gunder Sønsteby

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I have a Asus GT-AX11000 router where I before used Asuswrt and used OpenVPN, then I could use the original fixed IP-address to access the router. 10 days ago I changed to Merlin (with the same setup), then the original fixed IP-address no longer responds when using OpenVPN. I use Synology with replication over WAN and therefore needs to know the IP-address of the source NAS. How/where can I change Merlin the setup so that the original fixed IP-address still responds even when I run OpenVPN?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I have a Asus GT-AX11000 router where I before used Asuswrt and used OpenVPN, then I could use the original fixed IP-address to access the router. 10 days ago I changed to Merlin (with the same setup), then the original fixed IP-address no longer responds when using OpenVPN. I use Synology with replication over WAN and therefore needs to know the IP-address of the source NAS. How/where can I change Merlin the setup so that the original fixed IP-address still responds even when I run OpenVPN?

Thanks in advance!
Fixed IP -address is not a term related to IP addresses. Static IP address is what you might mean and in your case it is assigned to your WAN connection by your ISP.
Per chance are you referring to a DDNS name that is not working?

Fixed IP -address is not a term related to IP addresses. Static IP address is what you might mean and in your case it is assigned to your WAN connection by your ISP.
Per chance are you referring to a DDNS name that is not working?
Hi

Your right; bad translation on my part - sorry, it should have said Static IP-address.

No I am not using DDNS.

Hi

Your right; bad translation on my part - sorry, it should have said Static IP-address.

No I am not using DDNS.
Good to know. Did you do a reset with initialize all settings and manually reconfigure after upgrade to Merlin? I also recommend you use the Merlin 386.5 beta as there were some issues with 386.4.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!