What's new

Overclock AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Understood. Thank you for clarifying that for me. So its on the ddwrt end that is preventing the overclocked values to hold.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The limitation is in Asuswrt, not in DD-WRT. If DD-WRT has trouble overclocking, then it's probably a different issue - might be it lacks model-specific support.

I wanna start with 1000,666
Can i execute those commands safely with my curent firmware?
I read that after a reboot my router would be running at stock speeds, is that correct?

Regards

Ok thx for the link. So it is safe to start with 1000,666 i assume, and keep an eye of the CPU temps
Yes, 1000,666 should be a safe start. Where some 68U's run into a stability problem is with memory clock of 800. Nearly all can handle CPU clock of 1200. I ran my 68R at 1200,800 for over a year, but added a 'laptop' cooler fan to keep temps down.

Hi all,

not sure whether this has been asked already. But is UNDERclocking possible too? To maybe decrease the temperature of the CPU a bit?

Would be interesting...

Many thanks
Andi

I changed thermal paste and bend the cooler plate a (very) little bit to have closer contact, so I came from 85° down to 75°C whats pretty fine I think.
Overclocking from 800/666 to 1200/800 and region free with more txpower added again about 4-5° in my case. First tested 1400 but then only short time running till hanging, 1200 without problems one day, so I set it in cfe and dont have to think about scripts or other things.
If ever problems will occour will try 1200/775, dont even see speed difference between 666/775/800, but 800 seems to match better with 1200 CPU in my opinion (just more beautiful for me, I know silly argument).

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!