What's new

PCE-AC68 lag spikes!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sonic1910

New Around Here
I am running a pce ac68 in my pc. it is connecting to my orbi mesh system that is connected to my fios modem.

All things are well, it connects. i get good speeds. When i game though sometimes my ping spikes. normally sits around 8-15 ping. randomly it will spike to anywhere from 300-900. I am at a loss on what to do. this PCE wireless card has some iffy drivers and trying to understand my orbi is confusing.

I am running a pce ac68 in my pc. it is connecting to my orbi mesh system that is connected to my fios modem.

All things are well, it connects. i get good speeds. When i game though sometimes my ping spikes. normally sits around 8-15 ping. randomly it will spike to anywhere from 300-900. I am at a loss on what to do. this PCE wireless card has some iffy drivers and trying to understand my orbi is confusing.

Perhaps try some wholesale changes to isolate the area of concern, like try using a different wireless adapter or connect directly to WiFi in the Verizon modem/gateway, if it has it.

OE

Perhaps try some wholesale changes to isolate the area of concern, like try using a different wireless adapter or connect directly to WiFi in the Verizon modem/gateway, if it has it.

OE

I got this adapter thinking it could work. It was nearly 100 dollars. I can't connect to the to the FiOS router it's so out of range. Which is why I use the mesh system

I got this adapter thinking it could work. It was nearly 100 dollars. I can't connect to the to the FiOS router it's so out of range. Which is why I use the mesh system

Is WiFi enabled on both the Verizon gateway and the Orbi mesh system?

OE

Me, I'd have to eliminate or swap something around to isolate cause and affect. Someone here may have a better idea.

Can you wire to the Orbi or gateway and test it?

OE