What's new

PCE-AC68 Windows 10 Drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm on latest win 10 insider build.. just noticed my link rate was pretty low for 5ghz, hovers between 80 and 200mbps. I'm on the latest Asus beta driver 7.35.267.0 -- I reverted to 6.30.223.228 and linkrate is now normal 1gbps.

Broadcom BCM-43xx Wireless Lan Drivers Version 7.35.308.0 WHQL were just posted
my experience with this new driver was that I couldn't connect to lower 5GHz channels 36-56 but it was fine for higher channels. 2.4Ghz worked fine though.

I'm on latest win 10 insider build.. just noticed my link rate was pretty low for 5ghz, hovers between 80 and 200mbps. I'm on the latest Asus beta driver 7.35.267.0 -- I reverted to 6.30.223.228 and linkrate is now normal 1gbps.

ASUS beta driver? Huh? You mean broadcom driver that was posted in this forum? Asus doesn't offer BETA drivers for this device that I know of.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the latest cumulative Windows 10 update, i think the drivers are now built into windows. No more not finding the device driver.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the latest cumulative Windows 10 update, i think the drivers are now built into windows. No more not finding the device driver.
Did the update over-ride the installed Asus drivers?

Answered my own question: No

Last edited:
Considering returning this one for a different product. Been messing around with testing the drivers; so far the only thing I found that works best. I used the 6.30.223.249 broadcome one and uninstalled Asus.
I found that on the ASUS site a new driver was posted...7.35.315.0. I installed and it connected at higher speeds than previous drivers (600 mbps). I adjusted the power settings to not having the computer turn the adapter off. I then found Broadcom 7.35.333.0 online at station-drivers. I installed that and it has been up and running for a couple hours with no issues. OS is latest version of Windows 10-stable so far. Finally.

I found that on the ASUS site a new driver was posted...7.35.315.0. I installed and it connected at higher speeds than previous drivers (600 mbps). I adjusted the power settings to not having the computer turn the adapter off. I then found Broadcom 7.35.333.0 online at station-drivers. I installed that and it has been up and running for a couple hours with no issues. OS is latest version of Windows 10-stable so far. Finally.

What power setting(s) did you use for this? Randomly, my PCE AC68 shut down in the middle of usage. I am wondering if it is power related (maybe a BIOS setting?) or if it is driver related. Im using ASUS's 7.35.315.0

What power setting(s) did you use for this? Randomly, my PCE AC68 shut down in the middle of usage. I am wondering if it is power related (maybe a BIOS setting?) or if it is driver related. Im using ASUS's 7.35.315.0
I may have spoken too soon...I returned to my machine after an overnight stand-by and the PCE AC68 would not come alive. Even after rebooting the computer. This was on 7.35.333.0. I had to leave it to come to the office and will return to it this evening. I went to Power Management in the Configuration tab of the device Properties and turn off the capacity of the computer to shut the device off.

I may have spoken too soon...I returned to my machine after an overnight stand-by and the PCE AC68 would not come alive. Even after rebooting the computer. This was on 7.35.333.0. I had to leave it to come to the office and will return to it this evening. I went to Power Management in the Configuration tab of the device Properties and turn off the capacity of the computer to shut the device off.
Did Asus remove their utility from the this driver?
I think the old win8 driver is the best. You get to keep the turbo QAM. The only thing I notice from this new driver is enabling beamforming doesn't cause spikes to the router, but I also don't notice any improvement with it enable.

I'll report back if I get the Wi-fi power down issue.

Did Asus remove their utility from the this driver?
I think the old win8 driver is the best. You get to keep the turbo QAM. The only thing I notice from this new driver is enabling beamforming doesn't cause spikes to the router, but I also don't notice any improvement with it enable.

I'll report back if I get the Wi-fi power down issue.
It ddn't take long but I already encounter a serious issue with the drivers. The driver are unstable it BSOD everytime I try to do a speedtest.

Try it yourself. www.dslreports.com/speedtest
I don't know why I should bother testing new drivers. What the hell is Broadcom doing?

On Tue 12/15/2015 5:19:30 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121515-12234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: bcmwl63a.sys (bcmwl63a+0xC14F2)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x4477, 0xF2B4000C, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bcmwl63a.sys
product: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver
company: Broadcom Corporation
description: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bcmwl63a.sys (Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver, Broadcom Corporation).
Google query: Broadcom Corporation MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

On Tue 12/15/2015 5:15:18 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121515-12078-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: bcmwl63a.sys (bcmwl63a+0xE1D1F)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF6FB400037A8, 0x0, 0x0, 0x6)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bcmwl63a.sys
product: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver
company: Broadcom Corporation
description: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bcmwl63a.sys (Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver, Broadcom Corporation).
Google query: Broadcom Corporation PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Last edited:
The .333 driver was running fine. The one thing I failed to note was that a Windows Update was performed. Following that is when I found the device inoperative. So, I rolled back the driver and it reports version so I am lead to believe that Windows updated the driver? Perhaps to ver .315 the recent official release? I will continue to try this version, but .295 appeared the most stable for me, but the reported speed was half of what .333 is putting across.

Hi Guys,

As many have reported; there is a new official driver at the ASUS support site (ASUS PCE-AC68 Utility 2.1.1.5, driver version to 7.35.315.0).

However, many ditch it for plain broadcom drivers (be that .333 .295 or .315)

Why do you do this? What bugs arise from using the new ASUS packaged driver/utility? It seems most have issues with the non-asus-packed broadcom drivers...?

Hi Guys,

As many have reported; there is a new official driver at the ASUS support site (ASUS PCE-AC68 Utility 2.1.1.5, driver version to 7.35.315.0).

However, many ditch it for plain broadcom drivers (be that .333 .295 or .315)

Why do you do this? What bugs arise from using the new ASUS packaged driver/utility? It seems most have issues with the non-asus-packed broadcom drivers...?
I was using the packaged driver. It causes BSOD. Just do a speed test. www.dslreports.com/speedtest it's like the driver can't handle high transfers.

The new ASUS driver caused a BSOD with me also, but using speedtest.net not dslreports. The funny thing is, is that it worked fine transferring a large file locally at 500 Mb/s, so the problem can not be throughput alone. I've been waiting for an updated driver from ASUS so now I'm not sure which to use, an old ASUS, Windows 10 default or the Broadcom driver.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!