What's new

PCE-AX3000: 2 cards, 1 is dropping connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ryan806

Occasional Visitor
Hi all.

So me and my brother both have this card, I got it first and updated to the latest intel drivers. The connection has been rock solid for me on my PC, however my brother got his own AX200 card and is always having issues with the connection dropping. I ruled out the router as if I am getting no issues I cant see that being the cause, his wireless I have noticed the link speed sometimes drops from 1.9gbps to for example 60mb whereas mine sits around 2.2 to 2.4.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, which is odd because I use the same. I have also tried the PCI card on different slots, the only think I can think it might be is that his hardware is causing issues.

Can anyone help?

Is your PC Intel-based and his is AMD, perhaps? (Or, different components, like a GPU)?

Does your card work on his computer? Does his work in yours?

If the issues remain unchanged, then his set up is suspect.

Does your card work on his computer? Does his work in yours?

If the issues remain unchanged, then his set up is suspect.
Ok so after further testing, it appears to be an issue with 5ghz band on his PC. 2.4ghz works perfect no disconnections, strange again as it's ok for me anything else I can try?

Okay, what further testing was done?

Okay, what further testing was done?
I tried plugging the card power into a different motherboard header, and tried my card in his PC also still no luck. The link speed gets near its max speed then when the cut off happens it drop really low, the wireless stays connected but it says no internet.

Did you fully uninstall all the software/drivers before you removed his card, started the computer, and made sure all driver install remnants were removed before you rebooted another couple of times and then shut down, install your card, and redownload the drivers to install them fresh?

Are you both connecting to the same router, which one? Have you tried using a different SSID on a Guest network?

What version of Windows is shown on both computers when you hit 'Start' and type 'winver'?

Hi the 1st thing you mentioned I done, but not in that order. He is getting a new SSD in a couple of days so I will be fitting that and doing a clean install of Windows 10. Both connected to AX-88U, and its the latest build of Windows 10 that we are using 20H2, 19042.630 all computers have latest updates installed.

128313042_710587086498772_7468590944691041396_n.png

Thats an example of what the PC gets when it stop working, notice the speed not quite AX lol. Once I do a clean format I will see how that go, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!