What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ik have rc5 running for 8 days with bad/Req ratio 0/42451 and no crashes. Looks fine to me.

Will try rc6 now
So far i've not had any issue with it crashing on RC6.

I do find that tav and tmx was slighly lower on RC5 but may just be margin of error.

One thing I do find odd is my # of V12 TLS 1.2 is up alot compared to when I was on RC5. With no change to my browsers all machines use newest version of FF.

If you look back at on of my previous screenshots I was getting alot more V13 TLS 1.3

Thanks for the feedback. All looks good.

Thank you @kvic for your awesome update! I'm going to update from rc5 to the final release as soon as I can. However, I have some questions:

1/ Do I have to point "manifest.googlevideo.com" to IP address of pixelserv-tls in order to experience the new way of blocking YouTube ads with this final version?
2/ I haven't had errors running pixelserv-tls rc5. Thus, may I need to use the command "opkg install libcurl"?

Thanks again @kvic. Wish you and all of our forum users all the best in the New Year :)

1/ Do I have to point "manifest.googlevideo.com" to IP address of pixelserv-tls in order to experience the new way of blocking YouTube ads with this final version?
2/ I haven't had errors running pixelserv-tls rc5. Thus, may I need to use the command "opkg install libcurl"?

These two are only required if you want to experiment with 2.2.1-rc.4 (which is still available separately). The feature related to this didn't make it into the final 2.2.1.

Happy new year to you, and everyone too!

How?

For now I did an update with amtm, but then it is listed as "pixelserv-tls beta v2.2.1".

It's not yet in Entware I guess?

I did it thru amtm it does say Beta.

However once you check the server stats the compile date is the 29th so it is the final version.

pixelserv-tls 2.2.1 (compiled: Dec 29 2018 15:01:03 flags: tls1_3) options: 192.168.1.3

I like the favicon by @eclp a lot because it bends in so well in the browser tab. I couldn't make one myself last year :)

51vusqK.png

Currently pixelserv-tls' favicon is supported on desktop browsers, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. In a future version, we could make it supporting mobile devices.

Does @eclp happen to be a web developer? Is there any seasonal web developer (perhaps client side) here?

These two are only required if you want to experiment with 2.2.1-rc.4 (which is still available separately). The feature related to this didn't make it into the final 2.2.1.

Happy new year to you, and everyone too!
Oh, you didn't mention about that in the changelog. So I was excitedly recommending that feature to some friends :cool: Now I'll have to notify them :D

Oh, you didn't mention about that in the changelog. So I was excitedly recommending that feature to some friends :cool: Now I'll have to notify them :D

Good to hear someone read the ChangeLog :)

There is one line in the ChangeLog regarding youtube. Blocking text/graphic ad during video playback is improved. No additional configuration is required from users regarding this.

About the video ad blocking on youtube, the so called "manifest.google" domain method, it has zero effect. I made it clear during the rc.4 timeframe in this thread.

Let me emphasize again. It didn't get into final release because it's useless. So called "manifest.googlevideo.com" method has ZERO effect on blocking any video ads! Video ads will still pop up. Accidentally if you think you don't see one that's because of other reasons, not that you block the domain.

Happy new year!

True the only way to fully block ads in youtube is to use an ad blocker, which unfortunately messes with your stats in pixelserv.

So best approach that I use on my laptop is to have the ad blocker on just for the YouTube site and turned off for everything else.

I like the favicon by @eclp a lot because it bends in so well in the browser tab. I couldn't make one myself last year :)

51vusqK.png

Currently pixelserv-tls' favicon is supported on desktop browsers, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. In a future version, we could make it supporting mobile devices.

Does @eclp happen to be a web developer? Is there any seasonal web developer (perhaps client side) here?

Very, very beautiful! Thank you very much for the implementation.

Unfortunately I'm not a web developer, but Photoshop & Co are no strangers. ;)

:)